Chapter 17

"WHOOOOOO!" You jumped, startled by the sudden scream. The sound of thumping footsteps running down the stairs told you to move. Quickly standing up, you moved just in time as Anti ran into the room and vaulted onto the sofa. You knew now that he always did that when he was excited (you'd found out when Anti had vaulted onto the sofa whilst you were still sitting on it). You smiled softly at his excited giggles. He turned to you with sparkling eyes, his cheeks flushed.
"Jack said that I can have Dark sleepover tonight! And I want ye to sleep with us!" Your eyes widened and you felt your ears heat up at his statement. Anti seemed to realise what he'd said, as he sat up and quickly reassured you.
"Not like that haha! I just want you to have a sleepover with us. What do ye say?" You looked away akwardly and wrung your hands.
"Ah, I don't really do sleepovers...." Anti whimpered, yes he fully whimpered, and gazed up at you with puppy dog eyes. You had to admit he did look kind of cute like that. Not being able to resist him, you sighed.
"Fine-" You huffed, throwing up your hands "-I'll join you." Anti leapt off the sofa and enveloped you in a bear hug. He spun you, laughing in your ear. When he did finally put you down, he was grinning from ear to ear.
"This is gonna be so much fun! I'll grab the sleeping bags, Dark will be here soon." You frowned at Anti.
"But didn't you just find out that you could have him over? How does he know already?"
"Telepathy!" Was all Anti yelled as he bounded out of the room. You shook your head and couldn't help the small grin. He really was just a giant child.

[Time skip brought to you by me wanting to skip the boring bits]

It was two hours later and Dark still wasn't there. Anti had assured you that "he'll be here any second" before getting bored and wandering off. You were currently curled up on the sofa playing the newest Pokemon game. The TV was switched off. You still had that strange sense of being watched but you didn't mention it as you thought that Anti would tell you to stop being so paranoid.

Suddenly, the TV screen flicked on; it shone a deep blue. You frowned and placed your DS next to you. Heart beating faster, you slowly stood. There was a loud crackle of static. Then a hand pushed itself against the glass! Cracks spidered away from it. You took a step away, too afraid to make a sound. Another hand slammed against the screen, a large chunk of it falling away. The shadow hand gripped the jagged edges of the hole and pulled itself foward. A face appeared, black and featureless. Finally, your legs started working again. You spun and dove over the sofa, cowering behind it. You knew it was that other alter-it had come to get you-there was no escape-this is how you would die-oh god oh god you didn't want to die!
Somebody cleared their throat.
"Um, are you ok down there?" Your panicked train of thought stopped. That wasn't the voice you expected. Turning, you gazed up at Dark leaning over the back of the sofa. His head tilted in question.
"Why are you down there? Did you lose something?" You breathed a shaky sigh of relief and let out a nervous laugh.
"N-n-no you j-just scared me, t-t-that's all....haha." Standing up, you brushed the dust from your clothes. Dark looked at you apologetically. He could see how much you were shaking.
"Sorry, I didn't think about what I was doing. God, I'm so stupid sometimes. C'mere." He opened his arms and engulfed you in a hug. It was warm and comforting. You laughed.
"Thanks Dark! It's good to s-see you again." He ruffled your hair playfully.
"Hey, where's Anti then? He said he'd be waiting for me..." Dark stood awkwardley in the center if the room. You took a deep breath and yelled-
"ANTI!!!! DARK IS HEEEERRRRE!" Immediately thudding footsteps could be heard. Anti thundered down the stairs, almost slid into the wall due to his lack of shoes, ran into the room and tackled Dark into a hug. They both lay on the floor laughing and you laughed too. It was nice to see them so happy.

[To be continued next weekend]