Chapter 24

"Anti, where are we going?"
The engine thrummed beneath you, houses and trees becoming a blurred image outside of the window. You fiddled nervously with your seat belt, having no idea about where Anti was taking you. It didn't help that it felt like you were forgetting something, right at the edges of your memory, leaving an uneasy feel in your gut.
Anti hummed thoughtfully and continued tapping his fingers against the steering wheel.
"Well, if I told you it wouldn't be a very good surprise date now would it?" Grumbling unhappily, you resigned yourself to looking at the scenery that sped by. Houses gave way to shops and masses of people. You frowned. Anti was taking you into the city center? Thoroughly confused, you shot him a questioning look.
"Thought you didn't like big crowds?" You recall him telling you that one quiet evening when you had suggested going shopping together. He shrugged, pointedly avoiding your question.
"Oh look, we're here!" Anti exclaimed perhaps a little too enthusiastically. He hopped out of the car, hurrying over and opening your own door before you'd even gotton your seatbelt off.
"You seem...eager." You chuckled softly. It wasn't often that Anti would get like that, acting like an over excited, impatient child. Last time you'd seen him like that had been christmas actually.
He looked away, a faint red on his cheeks. A smile found it's way onto your face.
"C'mon Cutie, haven't got all day. Where are we going?" You slipped your own hand into his, butterflies awakening in your stomach when Anti smiled brightly at you. He didn't speak, just tugged on your arm and dragged you behind him.

"We are going to one of the best places in Ireland!" He finally spoke after almost ten minutes of shuffling through the dense crowd. You could tell he was getting nervous with so many people around. His smile was strained slightly, his grip on your hand slowly tightening over time. Moving closer, you decided to link arms with Anti. It seemed to calm him somewhat and he muttered a small 'thank you'.

You had to stifle a giggle when you arrived at your destination.
"One of the best places in Ireland, huh."
A large blue sign hung above the doorway, white letters spelling out the restaurant's name.
"Ihop. Is. The best!" Anti pulled you through the glass doors. The smell of fresh pancakes and cooked breakfast made your mouth water. A kindly looking waiter greeted you.
"Table for two please." You could see Anti was practically drooling over the smell of food. He must have really loved that place.

The waiter took you to a small table near the window.
"I'll be back to get your order soon." He said before walking away briskly. Anti already had a menu in his hand.
"I'd recommend the double blueberry pancakes...ooh, or the split decision breakfast! Or maybe the breakfast sampler would be better..." Anti's sentence trailed off. He looked to be in deep thought, brow furrowed and eyes scanning the menu. You laughed at how seriously he was taking it. His head snapped up at the sound.
"Why are you laughing? This is a serious matter!" His distressed, and slightly offended, tone only caused you to breakdown in to another fit of giggles.
"How about I just get the all you can eat pancakes today. Then I'll have until the next time we come here to decide what else I should try." This seemed to placate Anti, for now, and he nodded.

The waiter came back shortly after and took your order. Before long, a pile of pancakes sat in front of both of you. The smell was intoxicating. You practically shovelled the food into your mouth.
"Oh my god. These are amazing!" You managed to say between mouthfuls. Anti grinned at you over his own stack of pancakes, which were now drowned in syrup.
"Told ya this was one of the best places in Ireland."

Ok, full disclosure, I have never been to Ihop in my life, so I'm sorry if this isn't accurate. I have no clue how an Ihop works, I googled the menu and just picked random items.