Chapter 37

Anti couldn't believe what was happening. Dark stood before him, a smirk on his face as he stretched, letting Dean's skin tear and fall away to reveal the monster beneath.

"Aww. Did you really think you'd never see me again?" He laughed but it was hollow and echoing.

"You can't get rid of me." Black fog erupted from behind Dark, filling the room and effectively drowning Anti. He couldn't see, couldn't breath! The fog filled his lungs, rushed around his ears, forced it's way down his throat. His glitching didn't help. He was stuck, caught up in a trap.

"A shame really. You might have been useful to me...although, you double is much more ruthless than you are. I enjoy that." Dark's voice echoed around him, sounding distant and near at the same time.

His double? What did his double have to do with this? He was locked up years ago, in the farthest reaches of the void. Anti had made sure there was no way out for him.

Dark heard his thoughts, the fog pushing against Anti more violently to match Dark's anger.

"You think he got out on his own? Pathetic! Even I couldn't escape the prison you put him in on my own! No. I helped him. Just as I am now." Appearing from the fog, Dark grabbed Anti's face and pulled it close to his own. The fog didn't hinder Dark in any way but the pressure on Anti seemed to increase.

"I am only helping him now as part of our deal! Otherwise I would have already killed that blubbering idiot of a host and taken his place." He hissed, eyes pitch black.

"Once that one has had his 'fun' with your pet, I'm going to use him and all the others to get what I want!" Anti's eyes widened at the mention of you. His thoughts were racing as he realised just who Sam was.

He struggled to break free, fear fueling him at the thought of you getting hurt. Dark paused for a moment before grinning.

"You're worried for the mortal. How sweet." Dark pulled away to swing a fist at Anti's face, catching his jaw. He grinned even wider at the sickening crack and Anti's cry of pain.

"And how pathetic. You're weak, falling for a human. They aren't going to last you know. One day, they'll leave you for someone normal. One day, they'll die." He chuckled again, not noticing the fire in Anti's eyes, "Well, maybe that day will be sooner than you think. I do wonder what your double has in store for them. Probably hours of torture. Or maybe, he'll take his own pleasure from them. Using them as nothing more than a to-"

Dark was cut off by Anti's scream of rage as he lunged forward, ripping away from the fog as he glitched violently. He slashed at Dark with his claws, cutting deep gashes into his chest and defintely ruining his suit.

Now firmly situated on Dark's chest, he started clawing at his face and neck, not caring where he was aiming, consumed by his rage.

How dare he talk about you that way! There was no way in hell that anti would let that slide of another human said it, let alone that monochrome cunt.

Dark's screams of pain filled the room, black blood dripping to the floor and covering Anti's hands. Eventually, Dark fell still. Anti stood, spat on the body and strode to the door. He pushed his way through the remaining fog, blinking in the bright fluorescent light of the restaurant.

Then he saw you. Being pushed away, out of the door by that bastard! Ecen from where he was standing, Anti could see his doubles disguise glitching and melting away. Rage filled him, a rage he hadn't felt in years.

Your eyes met, you saw him, he saw the hope in your eyes. He could save you.

Then a hand grabbed his throat and yanked him back.

Dark's form wasn't stable either. Blue and red apparitions ripped away from him, screaming in agony, yelling in rage, some even laughing in joy as he strangled the life out of Anti, all with the same mangled and ripped apart face.

He struggled, of course he struggled but his air was cut off, he felt his limbs getting heavier, saw his vision start to go black. Dark chuckled in his ear, voice triple toned and the ringing louder than ever.

"Fucking weak. Couldn't even save one puny little mortal. No wonder your host's community hates you."

He couldn't breath, couldn't even think properly at this point. His glitching stopped as he started losing consciousness.

"I think I'm going to have a little fun with your pet too, considering the trouble I went through only to have them throw me away. Their energy was...delicious by the way." Dark murmered in his ear.

Anti connected everything in his mind, right then and there. Dark was the reason you felt so drained. His double was the reason for your nightmares. His rage started building again, giving him new strength.

"I am not weak!" He grabbed Dark's hands with his own, channeling all of his power into a charge that would send a nuclear power station into meltdown. Dark screamed, voice glitching from Mark's to his own demonic one. Green electricity ran through his veins, lighting up the dim bathroom and burning through the remnants of fog.

Dark's form collapsed, glitching and morphing into his original one in the split seconds before his dissapeared. Long, spindly arms reached out to grab him, the mouth on Dark's true face pulled back into a snarl of pure hatred. Then he was gone.

Anti knew it wouldn't take long for him to regenerate and come back from the void. He would have to deal with his double and get you to safety quickly.

As he exited the toilet, he noted that, although he could see the fire alarms flashing, he couldn't hear them over the ringing in his ears. Ignoring it, he ran to the front entrance.

He couldn't see you at first, it was too dark. Then he made out the lump lying on the floor, the figure standing over it.

Your scream cut through the ringing.

It was the worst sound Anti had ever heard. It tore his heart to hear the fear and pain and utter defeat in that scream. It also filled him with a burning, out of control anger.

He glitched in and out of existance, not able to control it any longer. All of the lights, in the restaurant and all the streetlamps for miles, exploded in a burst of green. His form was nothing more than a ball of static from how fast he was glitching.

The figure standing over you turned in surprise, green eyes glowing in he dark.

Anti took his chance and surged forward, screeching in uncontrollable, unimaginable fury.