Chapter 16

You didn't tell Anti about your nightmare. You're sure he wouldn't have believed you anyway so you kept it to yourself. He'd come into the room to see you sitting on the floor, staring at your wrist. The blood dripped off your arm, being absorbed by the carpet. Anti had rushed to you, panicked, and you had to play it off as your own fault. You brushed him off, saying that you'd done it to yourself whilst having a nightmare. It was a good thing that you were a good liar. He helped you bandage your wrist, taking care not to hurt you even further. The guilt of lying sat like a stone in the pit of your stomach but you swallowed the urge to come clean. You didn't want to worry him, especially since he would probably just tell you that it was another one of your nightmares. Of course, you knew better. You could tell the difference between something you'd thought up and real life. And that thing had not been one of your's.

The next week was spent staying close to Anti. Paranoia settled in like a cloud in your mind. You were constantly checking over your shoulder and jumped at the slightest of sounds. Anti seemed to notice but chose not to mention it. Instead, he opted to spend all of his time keeping close to you. He almost constantly had his arm around your shoulders or had your hand locked tightly with his. Anti would never admit it but he actually kind of liked being this close to you. He had noticed your paranoia. He was worried about you. Despite that, he kept quiet; he knew that if he mentioned it, you would only deflect his questions. Anti had no idea what was up with you but he was determind to try and keep you feeling safe.

"Ok, you know where the keys are? And the emergency money? And my number?" Jack fired questions at you, not even waiting for you to answer. He was going away on a trip, only for the weekend and he was treating you and Anti like children. You chuckled at Jack, pushing him out the door.
"Well be fine, don't worry! Have fun!" You waved until Jack drove off and let out the breath you'd been holding. Even though you knew he was only worried about you both, Jack could be overbearing at times. Shutting the door, you made a beeline for the kitchen. You planned to raid the cookie jar and watch films with Anti all day. You stood on your tiptoes to try and reach the jar which was on the top shelf. Your fingers brushed against the jar, pushing it further away. When you heard someone pad into the kithen, you didn't bother to turn around, all of your attention focused on reaching the cookies.
"Hey Anti, think you can lift me up?" You asked, hopping slightly in an attempt to grab the jar. Cold hands grabbed your waist and hoisted you up. The jar now safely in your hands, you placed it on the side as you were lowered down. The hands snaked their way around your waist, the body behind you trapping you against the counter. You laughed nervously.
"Hey, you can let go now bud." No reply.
"Anti, really, stop. Let's go watch the movies." You felt something tickle the back of your neck and you froze.
"Hello deary~" That same sickly sweet voice from your nightmare. It nuzzled into your neck, giggling to itself.
"How rude of you to confuse me with that weakling." It's grip around your waist tightened, claws digging into your stomach. You felt it's hot breath fan across your neck. Your heart was beating out of control.
"Deary, are you scared? Hehe-" It growled in your ear "-you should be~".

Suddenly, a hand grabbed your shoulder. You jumped, spinning around to see Anti staring at you. There was no weird nightmare thing anywhere you could see.
"(Y/N)? Are you ok?" Anti reached out to you, gripping your shoulder. Calming your breathing, you smiled shakily at him.
"I-I'm fine. C'mon, let's go watch the movies." Anti stared at you for an uncomfortably long time before shrugging. He grabbed the cookie jar and pulled you into the living room. As you were sat on the sofa, you couldn't focus on the movie. It felt like you were being watched.