Chapter 38

You thrashed beneath Spider, voice ringing out and echoing around the empty car park. He stared for a moment, slowly lifting his foot from your chest.

Able to breath again comfortably, you gulped lungfuls of air, coughing. Tears streaked down your face, reminding you of the time when he mutilated your face. His face looked so much like Anti's now, too similar without the extra eyes.

Suddenly, his foot smashed into your cheek, your head jerking to the side. He'd hit your cheekbone, leaving you clutching at your face. The foot stomped back down on your chest, pushing any air from your lungs.

"Please..." You managed to croak out. It was pitiful, a last ditch attempt to plead with something you knew had no mercy.

But as he opened his mouth to speak, the streetlamps above your heads exploded in a burst of green. Spider turned, knowing exactly what had happened but in disbelief that Dark had lost.

Anti, you knew it was Anti, was glitching furiously, green eyes blazing in the dark. His form was static, tendrils of green energy spiking off of him like electricity. Despite the circumstances, you thought it was beautiful, like the inside of a plasma ball. Maybe the pain and slight lack of oxygen was making you feel so calm. Or maybe it was that you knew Anti would save you.

He screeched, voice distorting with glitches, as dashed forward. Straight for Spider.

Spider was quick though. He picked up you up by the neck, holding you before him as a sheild. Anti stopped short. If he got too close, his powers would hurt you. He wouldn't, couldn't ever do that to you.

"Fucking coward! That's what you are, a coward!" You yelled, still angry about everything he'd done to you. His grip tightened, claws sinking into your flesh and drawing blood. Anti growled at the sight of red.

"PUt tHem doWn!" His voice was hard to understand through all of the static but Spider seemed to understamd perfectly. He giggled, clearly overjoyed with the situation.

"How bout...no. I'm going to kill them, right here in front of you. Just for the fun of it!" Again, his grip tightened, more blood dripping down as his claws sunk deeper. Your head was getting fuzzy, both from pain and lack of air. You couldn't let this happen.

Somehow finding strength, you tried to remember what'd you seen about self defence on all those posts online. It was now or never.

You grabbed Spider's hand that was around your throat and the hand that gripped your shoulder, bent forward and tugged with all your might. He made a surprised noise as he was flipped over you, landing heavily on the floor.

You took the oppurtunity to kick his head as payback. It snapped to the side. He turned, hissed at you, his own eyes sparking in rage. But that look of anger turned to one of worry when Anti lifted him by the collar of his shirt..

"YoU ThOugHt yOu cOulD gET awAy wiTH thIs!" Anti brought his face close to Spider's, teeth bared in a snarl. Spider lashed out, hand filled with the same green energy as Anti. It connected with Anti's head, sending him flying. He stopped only when he hit the wall of the restaurant, leaving a dent in the bricks.

For a moment you were worried. But Anti got right back up, seemingly unaffected by the brute force Spider had used. They both stood contemplating eachother for a moment. Then, simultaneously, they both changed forms into almost shadow like creatures.

They met halfway, flickering back to their human forms. Anti sucker punched Spider, who retaliated by kicking Anti's legs out from under him. Before Spider could jump on him, Anti glitched away.

Both changed forms again, clashing over and over. Each time they met, a shockwave blew you back. The cars provided ample cover but it was still a little terrifying to watch two wisps of black and green float up, changing forms to two skinny irish men when ever they came in contact. It was hard to keep track of who was who.

Finally, one roundhouse kicked the other into the ground from above. The impact was loud, leaving a small crater in the tarmac. The other dropped down next to it, glitches finally calming to reveal a solid figure.

"(Y/N)! Where are you! Please!" It was Anti, the one looking around frantically for you was Anti. Rushing out from your hiding spot, you ran straight for him.

He spotted you, taking the last few steps before you threw yourself into his arms. He wrapped them around you tightly. This was it, you were safe.

Then there was a sudden growl. Spider was crawling his way out of the crater, holding onto the last bit of life he had. His form was tattered, morphing into his true one just like Dark had.

"I'm not going back! I won't! Not without you!" He lunged for Anti, already dissapearing into the void. But it would be too late then, he would get to Anti, drag him down to whatever hell he came from.

Without thinking, you pushed Anti away from you. Spider instead crashed you. Time slowed as Anti stared at you in disbelief. Then everything was dark.

Anti stood in the now empty carpark, still staring at the spot where you'd dissapeared as if he could bring you back by thought alone. He felt the tears start to well up.

He'd failed to save you. He really was weak, really couldn't save the one thing he truly cared about. Falling to his knees, he curled into a ball and wailed.