Chapter 19

You opened your eyes to see black. Blinking tiredly, you reached for your phone. The light stung your eyes. It was currently 5:20 am. You groaned, knowing you wouldn't be able to go back to sleep now. It was December 25th, Christmas. Anti hadn't been able to sleep last night, bouncing around like an over excited child. You had to practically drag him away from the few presents under the tree. Thinking of the presents sent an unpleasanst feeling to your stomach. You'd used the last of your savings to buy presents for Anti, Jack and Dark. The only problem was that you hadn't any idea what to get them, so you'd picked things that you hoped they would like. You sighed. Christmas was always a bad time for you, having to deal with asshole parents. You hadn't really bought presents for people before. Heck, you hadn't gotten more than some socks for the past few years. Hopefully they would all like their gifts.

[Time skip brought to you by festivness]

You could hear Anti stirring. He rolled over, his arm dangling from the side of the bed. Giggling softly, you sat up and reached over. Grabbing his hand, you tugged on it and jumped back slightly when he fell off of the bed entirely. Anti lead face down on the floor. He tilted his head to glare at you, his hair falling over his face. You couldn't help the laugh that bubbled up, not even attempting to hide it.
"Didja have ta do that?" Anti grumbled. Sitting up, he suddenly gasped. He grabbed your shoulders, smiling giddily.
"It's motherfoockin christmas!" He jumped up and ran out of the room. You could hear him giggling excitedly all the way from upstairs. It was a good thing Jack had gone home to visit family; you didn't think you could handle two over excited man children. Shaking your head, you smiled at his antics and went to join him downstairs.

Anti was already in the living room, sitting beside the tree. At least he'd waited for you before opening any gifts. Once you sat down beside him, he lunged forward at the gift closest to him. That nervous feeling was back, sitting like a stone in the pit of your stomach. Wrapping paper was torn away and flung to the floor as Anti held up his gift proudly. After hearing him complain about having to pause the games he was playing to get drinks, you'd decided to get him one of those hats with the cups attached to the side. It was a silly gift, something you thought Anti would be satisfied with. He grinned at the box. Then he grinned at you. Dropping the box, he wrapped you into a tight hug.
"This is so cool! Thank you so much (Y/N)!" Anti pulled away.
"Oh! I have something for you, here!" He thrust a present into your hands. You were slightly shocked. You hadn't expected Anti to get you something. He looked at you expectantly. Carefully, you tore open the wrapping paper. Inside was a knitted hat, adorned with a pompom, and another smaller box. The hat was dark blue and green, with tassels hanging from the ear flaps. Anti was still sitting there, grinning like an idiot. He gestured to the smaller box. Opening it, you gasped softly at what was inside. A pair of small ear gauges sat on the tiny cushion, black in colour. They matched Anti's. You sat, staring at them in awe. Never in your life did you expect someone to get you something like this.
"Do ya...do ya like them?" Anti was looking at you worriedly, thinking that you didn't like them. You flung your arms around his neck. He sat there for a second before hugging you back.
"I love them Anti! Thank you so much, thank you!" You stayed hugging him for more than you probably should have. Anti didn't complain.
"I've already booked for you to get them put in....actually, we should probably get to that, it's almost time for the appointment." You both jumped up hurriedly and dashed to get ready.

[Another time skip]

"Do I look ok?" You turned to face Anti, stretching out your arms to show him you outfit. You'd gone with something simple: jeans and a christmas jumper. Anti smiled reassuringly at you.
"Don't worry, ya look great!" You nodded and turned back to the mirror. The gauges shone in your ears and you admired them. Anti moved behind you, his hands resting lightly on your waist.
"They suit ya y'know." He rested his head on your shoulder. You relaxed into him.
"C'mon Anti, we need to get to Dark's party." Anti sighed and moved away.
"Yeah, you have a point. Let's go." He lead you to the living room where you once again took the trip through the TV.

Grabbing onto Anti's sleeve, you stopped yourself from falling over.
"Uhg, I hate that so much!" Anti laughed and steadied you.
"HEY, ANTI AND (Y/N) ARE HERE GUYS!" A shout from the porch signaled that someone had seen you. People were milling around outside and the muffled thump of music eminated from the house. Dark appeared from the front door and made his way toward you.
"Hey, guys! Great to see you." He enveloped both of you in a hug.
"Dark it's nice to see you again. I, um, got smething for you. Here." You gave him the present you'd bought. He looked surprised for a second before smiling softly at you.
"Thank you (Y/N). You really didn't have to." You shook your head at him.
"It was the least I could do. You were so nice to me even after I passed out at your party the first time I met you." Dark chuckled.
"Yeah, that was a hell of a night!" As you entered the house, the volume of the music exploded. Christmas decorations adorned the walls and a massive tree sat in the corner, glittering with lights. There were people everywhere, dancing and singing. It was... festive, to say the least. It seemed a lot tamer than the previous party too. There were no obvious signs of alcohol and the only thing that seemed the same was the volume of the music.
"Let's go have some fun!" Anti took you by the hand and dragged you to the dancefloor, leaving Dark to look curiously at his present.

You ended up dancing half of the night away. You'd probably pressed yourself a little closer to Anti than needed and Anti had probably held onto your waist to steady you one too many times but neither of you cared. Anti and you stumbled away with the rest of the alters when the music was finally turned down to a slightly more bearable level. Everyone was now tired out from a day of opening presents and eating Christmas dinner. You yawned. Anti did too. You both giggled at the other.
"I think it's time to go home." You looked at your phone, which now read 2:14 am. Anti agreed with you and you set out to find Dark. It wasn't too hard, he was loitering in the kitchen.
"Hey buddy, we're gonna head home. Thanks for the party, it was fun!" Anti hugged Dark goodbye. What you weren't expecting was for Dark to give you a hug.
"Thank you for the gift. It's perfect." You remembered that you'd gotten him a novelty mug after seeing his collection last time.
"I'm glad you like it! Thank you for having us. Bye!" You and Anti made to leave but Dark coughed to grab you attention. He pointed above the doorway, where someone had hung mistletoe. You felt you face heat up and you didn't need to look at Anti to know his was going red too.
"You have to-" Dark pointed out "-it's tradition." Deciding to just get it over with, you turned to give Anti a peck on the cheek. At the exact same time however, Anti turned to give you a kiss on the forehead. And, somehow, you lips met in the middle. It only lasted for a second but to you it felt like a lifetime. You jumped back whilst Anti seemed....reluctant to move away.
"Oh my gosh-I'm so sorry Anti-I didn't mean to-that wasn't what I planned to do-"
"It's fine." Anti cut you off. He was averting his eyes, looking anywhere but at you. His face was still red. "Don't worry about it." Then, without another word, he left. You were left staring after him, confusion and worry churning in your head. Had the kiss really disgusted him so much that he couldn't even look at you? Or was he just embarrassed? You jumped slightly when Dark placed a hand on your shoulder.
"Listen, don't worry ok?" He sighed. "I'm not supposed to tell you this...but he actually really likes you." You stared at him. Anti liked you? He actually liked you?! Your face went red all over again. What were you going to do? How did you confront him about this? Were you just supposed to come up to him and say 'hey I like you too!'?
"Don't overthink it. When the time is right, it'll happen." Dark smiled at you. "You should probably catch up to him. He is your ride home after all."

After an awkward trip home, Anti was back to his old self. It was like the kiss never happened. Part of you was relieved that you wouldn't have to talk about it right there and then. The other part of you was dissapointed. You'd wanted to try and straighten things out with Anti. But that would have to wait.

Merry christmas everyone! And if you don't celebrate christmas, Happy Holidays! I hope everyone had a great day. Also, congrats on your first kiss with Anti...even if it was an accident.