Chapter 33

That night you'd tried to call out to the doppleganger, Spider as you'd started subconciously calling him. He hadn't answered you. No dreams, no visions of any sort, nothing. It left you frustrated and tired from lack of sleep. It didn't help that Anti was starting to become more like he used to be, almost as if he knew what was going on and was trying to regain your trust. He stayed in more and there were plenty of hugs and kisses from him. You had to admit, the attention was nice but it just made you more uneasy. There was no trust between you anymore.

The voice in your mind, however, answered your call. It reassured you that Spider would be back, with help and soon. You just hoped that It would be back before Anti did anything to you.

Work was an escape for you. Away from Anti's lies, away from Jack's worried stares, away from possible danger. After heavily altering the story behind your distrust of Anti, you'd told Sam. He'd listened to your 'problems' with Anti, who was known to Sam as Andy, and offered some solid advice. It was only the second hour of you shift that your feeling of safety shattered.

"So I was thinking-" Sam called from across the aisle you were both restocking, "-maybe we can go on a double date? Me, Dean, you and Andy? Maybe it'll help to sort out some of your problems if we're there to talk about it too?" Your heart dropped like a stone. You couldn't refuse. This was something that you and Sam had been planning for a while. Holding back the fear in your voice, you tried to answer cheerfully.

"Sounds good to me! Where should we go?" You were glad your back was turned to Sam, so he couldn't see your shaking hands.

"There's this new place just outside of the town center. It's supposed to be pretty good and apparently they serve just about everything!" You hummed an affirmative and heard Sam woop in joy.

"Ok that's great! Is saturday ok for you and Andy? Around, like, five ish maybe?" You couldn't manage another word without the fear and doubt flooding your voice so you just grunted in response. It was going to be one hell of a date.