Chapter 20

Today, is my last day I have to live. I am spending it with my family. None of them know that I am gonna die tonight. I don't want them to worry. They seem to have forgotten all about Leah's letter. From the looks of things, it seems they forgot all about the war we are involved in. And that's a good thing. Luhan has been a bit...clingy lately. I have a feeling he knows something, but if he does, he's sure doing a good job at hiding it.

Everyone seems to notice this, too. They do give Luhan weird looks, but I think they shrug it off as the mate bond. At least, I think they do. I'm positive about a lot of things, but I'm not so sure about what is gonna happen tonight. Remember how I was gonna try to talk to Leah to get her to join the family? Well, I still am.

As crazy as it may seem, I still care for her. Her death was a complete accident. I didn't want that to happen. I just lost control. I couldn't do anything about it either. I let out a long drawn out sigh, and turned to my family who were happily chatting amongst themselves, not noticing my discomfort. At least, that's what I think...as you can obviously see, I don't know much of anything anymore. I'm always second guessing myself.

I smiled at my orange haired son, Taehyung, who looked at me. "Eomma, can I....talk to you? Alone?" He asked me. I nodded and gave a sleepy Sehun a peck on the lips which caused him to smile in his sleep and followed Taehyung out to the front door.

"Yes?" I asked him when we reached the porch. "I know your going through with that letter." He bluntly stated after a small pause. My eyes widened. I looked to everyone inside to see they were all still chatting the day away, either talking about new songs, food, or movies. I shut the door quietly and turned to him. "How?" I asked him.

"I followed you two weeks ago after you left Luhan Appa there, crying." He said. Got7 and BTS call all of EXO 'Appa'. "...Have you told anyone?" I asked him. "No. But you will. If you leave, it will not only break your mates, but it will hurt all of us. I understand you think you're doing this for the sake of us, and I know you're doing this to keep us safe. But you cannot expect us to sit here as if nothing happened if you showed up dead." He said. "I can't say anything, Taehyung. If I do, they will all try to stop me from leaving. And I can't have that. That won't do. If I do not sacrifice myself to my sister, she will kill all of you. As I said that first day, which is better? Me just getting killed, or you all dying. Think of Amber. The boys. Casey. Think of all of them, Taehyung.

   "Listen, I don't want to do it. But I have no other choice. You guys won't stand a chance around her." I told him. The door suddenly opened and out came Amber. "Oh! Eomma, Taehyung, there you guys are! Eomma, Appa Luhan is looking for you. Taehyung, the boys wanna talk about your new song, Just One Day Arraseo?" Amber said. "Yeah. We will finish up here in a bit. Just give us a sec." I assured. She nodded and closed the door again.

  "We will continue this later." I said, then left. I saw Luhan on the top step with his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands. I frowned in concern for his odd action. He only does this when he is stressed. "Luhan?" I called to him. He didn't look at me and just got up and left. He went to his room. I cocked my head to the side in confusion. Why is he acting like this?

   He soon poked his head out from inside the room and, with a blank face, asked "Are you coming in or not?" Still confused, I went up the stairs and entered his room. He was sitting on his bed, the same positions as before, only he is just hanging his head and looking at the floor.

  "Luhan, are you okay?" I asked him softly. "No." he bluntly stated. I rolled my eyes. "What's wrong?" I asked him. "Well, my girlfriend is about to sacrifice herself to her crazy sister. Other than that, everything's peachy." He said sarcastically.

   "You know." I said, more of a statement then a question. "Obviously. I only have what? Two hours left of you?" He asked me. I sighed. "Look, Luhan-" He cut me off. "No. Don't you dare. Don't say I will live without you. Don't say you have no choice. Don't say any of those things because you know all of them are wrong. All of us do. What were you gonna do? Leave without a note? Not say goodbye? Just leave and die, without us knowing. And in the morning, have us wake up without a mother, mate, girlfriend, best friend? Have us go on a wild goose chase looking for you, only to find out you're already six feet under? What the hell are you gonna do, Ariana?!" He fired at me, getting up and pacing about.