Chapter 23

Everything happened in a blur, but the only thing on my mind was if my sister was really dead. I numbly walked towards her body as the stick stuck out. I crouched down beside her lifeless body and ripped the wood out of her chest. Her dull brown eyes were staring right at me. I think it was then I came back to my senses, and a shrill scream erupted from my throat. It was filled with grief, loss, anger, frustration, confusion and love.

   Everything became deathly silent. No one spoke a word as my heart was crushed into millions of pieces. With tears streaming down my face, I closed her eyes, pretending she was sleeping. "Its all my fault..." I sputtered. "No its no-" I cut Amber off.

"DONT YOU DARE SAY ITS NOT MY FAULT!" I screamed. "I could've stopped her! I could've ripped that damned piece of wood from her hands and saved her! And what did i do?! I froze! I fucking froze!" I cried out. They all flinched was i turned around. I cant imagine how i look. I pulled on my hair as i let another grief filled scream echo around the silent house.

"She cant be dead....i need her. Shes just sleeping. Yeah! Just sleeping! Or maybe I'm still asleep and shes still stuck in the dungeon. This is all just a nightmare." I kept mumbling. "I need to wake up. I need to wake up!" I grabbed the bloody piece of wood from the floor and stabbed it into my stomach repeatedly, screaming in pain. "I NEED TO WAKE UP!" I yelled. The wood was ripped from my hands and thrown across the room.

"Ariana! Stop! She dead!" Lay yelled, restraining my hands. "No she cant be!" I yelled as blood soaked the both of us. I guess there was still splinters in the wound. "Sleep." Lay said before everything went black.

.

.

.

   I woke up, my abdomen screaming in pain  "Ariana?" I heard a voice ask. I opened my eyes, slowly. "Yixing oppa? What happened?" I asked him. He gave me a grave look and everything came back to me.

Leah is dead. Shes gone.

  I felt my vision get blurry and the tears fell down liken a water fall and I had no control. All I felt was pain. My heart was ripped in two. "Oppa...i want to see her body.." I said as he took a step closer. He hesitated, then nodded. He helped me out of bed and I winced. "Mian. There are still some splinters in your abdomen that we couldn't get out. We are waiting for your body to push them out." He explained. I nodded, trying to process this new information.

"How long was I out? How much time do we have left?" I fired. "Calm down. We have three months left. And you were out for a week. Some of the splinters traveled to your heart and punctured it. But luckily, since you cant die we were able to get them out." He said. I nodded again. "How is everyone?" I asked again. He sighed sadly. "Luhan hasn't been eating or sleeping. He's worried sick; everyone is. We haven't been together for that long, so we have never seen you like that. The girls have, but they dont know when or why that happened. All they know is that you were so grief stricken, that you nearly starved yourself to death, but they had forced you to drink blood." He explained.

    I looked down, remembering what happened that awful year. "I cant tell you now. I'm not over it." I said, knowing he was gonna say we needed to talk about it. "I understand. But you do need to tell us." He reminded, and we got to the third floor. The third floor is the attic. Its where we keep a lot of things that aren't useful. But behind a door, there is a morgue. As morbid as it sounds, I cant let my dead loved ones got through and autopsy. Their bodies dont rot. They stay the same. Also, they would ask too much questions. I cant have that. I dont really have many loved ones in there. Only one-well now two- bodies rest in their. Leah and.....someone else. You will find out later.

  Her body was currently in an open, dark wood, expensive casket with dark red padding on the inside. Her body lay in a pink dress. I remember how when we played twenty questions with the girls, one of the questions were what was her favorite color. She replied with pink, and they were so shocked because my favorite color is black. I chuckled silently at the thought and stood back a bit as Lay moved forward. "You know, I've always wanted a little sister." Lay said randomly. "I wish she would've stayed alive long enough for us to be a happy family." He added.

  "Then why did you try and kill her?" I asked softly. He chuckled sadly. "We didnt want to. We were scared she would hurt you, Casey and Amber. We were paranoid. Luhan the most. Being the alpha and your pups and mate being threatened isnt the most comforting thing in the world, Ariana." He said. "I understand, but you could've tried to listen to me..." I mumbled, going up to her casket. The first thing I saw was her angelic face, then I looked down to her wound. "Shes still beautiful. I was always envious of her looks. She got her looks from my mother, who wad the most beautiful woman in the village. Of course, as the most beautiful woman, she had to marry the most handsome man. Who, by the way, was the richest man in the village. He found the most coal and wood and sold the most animals.

   He was a sweet man. Sadly, he wasn't my father. He died before I was born. He was poisoned by a certain herb that my mother had put in his tea. My mother never really loved him. She was just in it for his riches. After his 'accidental' death, she remarried after collecting his will to a bitter man, that was known for abusing the women he dated. But he was caring with my mother. I was soon born a few years later. You know what happens after that." I sniffled, wiping away any extra tears. "Lets go please?" I asked, Lay. He nodded, taking me out of the room and back to the medical room.

   Hello my little wolves! I HOPE YOU GUYS HAD A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS! MY CHRISTMAS WISH CAME TRUE!! I reached 7 thousand reads before Christmas came about! Thank you guys so much and I hope you enjoy this chapter! SARANGHAEYO! ANNEYONG!

  Word count: 1139