7

You were right, the graphic tee did muffle your screams.

But it didn't stop the bleeding.

"You're such an idiot, you realise that, right?" Miles had taken his jacket off and was trying to pat down on the side of your head, you stared at your ear.

"I could frame this." You said, almost proud that you had ripped your own ear off, all you could feel was total shock, you realised that the pain would probably kick in later.

But that was a problem for later.

"You're fucking psychotic." Miles furrows his eyebrow at you, you were very tempted to throw your ear at him.

But you didn't.

You and Miles jumped out of the vent and quietly tip toed around, finding rooms and avoiding people so they wouldn't shout.

You had found a metal cabinet in front of the door.

You started pushing it and Miles was the lookout.

"Oh shit, he's coming!" Miles warns you, you had just finished pushing the cabinet and you slammed the door open, only to realise...

"You've gotta be fucking kidding me!" You shout, annoyed as you were back in front of the elevator.

"Back in the vent!" Miles declares as the two of you sprint onto the hospital bed and jump up into the vent.

"Oh, wow, an ear." You state, pointing at the veiny ear that lay next to you.

"That's your ear, {Y/N}." Miles sighs at you, the both of you stayed silent in the vent for at least five minutes, then you jumped out.

You and Miles carefully tip-tied around, luckily not running into Trager and even more luckily finding a door that led to more halls, but this time, there was another vent.

"Oh, come on buddy, we're not done yet." You hear Trager's voice, you turned around and saw Trager grinning at you, you furrowed your eyebrows.

"Fucking asshole!" You shout down at him, he chuckles as he begins to walk away, obviously to find a different way to find you and Miles.

You and Miles jump out of the vent, you walk out of the room you were in and into the hall, noticing a broken window, you jumped through it.

"A key!" You jump up excitedly as you sprint over to the key, grabbing it and running back over to Miles.

As soon as you got to Miles, a blocked of door suddenly had a butchers knife sticking through it, that was when the two of you decided to run.

The two of you ran into the room you came from, but panicked when you realised all doors there were blocked off.

A door slams open.

"One two him!" You quickly shout at Miles, Miles sighs and nods, and the two of you "one two" Trager.

"Think of a different fucking name for that!" Miles snaps at you while running through the corridor with you.

"Like what? Run past him?" You question, turning you head back slightly to look at Miles.

"Yes!" Miles shouts, almost shocked that it took you that long to think of a not so childish name.

You ran back through the window and to the room where the key was, quickly patting yourself on the back when you saw the open door.

You and Miles sprinted through the door and quickly found yourself in front of the elevator, you quickly ran into it and put the key into it. The two of you stood back as the door closed and you started going down.

"Fucking finally." Miles leans back on the elevator wall.

"I'm forever scared of doctors." You sigh to yourself.

The two of you stood peacefully.

But only for a moment.

"I'm not giving up on you, buddy!" Rick Trager had forced open the elevator gate and was trying to kill Miles, Miles was pushing him back.

The both of them were outside of be elevator for a moment, but Miles quickly got back in as Rick Trager was lying on the floor, trying to hit the two of you with his scissors.

Little did he realise, the elevator was still going up.

He shouted in a panic as his spine was being crushed by the floor and the roof of the elevator, everything fell silent as he dropped his scissors.

"How to make Trager juice, squeeze." Miles nods to himself as he takes a couple of steps back from Trager, you looked up at him, kind of freaked out with what he had just said, he looks down at you and chuckles lightly.

"Um... There's a trap door." You tell Miles, pointing up to the roof of the elevator.

Miles opens the trap and gives you a boost up and you help him up.

You and Miles walk over the bottom half of Rick Trager and into a corridor, that corridor had stairs.

When you get to the bottom of the stairs, there was a gap through a wall the two of you climbed through and you were greeted with a small room.

"Patrick Petryna won a team player award." You state, pointing at the framed certificate on the wall, Miles furrows his eyebrows at you.

"Does that really matter?" He seemed annoyed with the fact that you pointed out something so irrelevant.

"Wow, just trying to start a conversation." You raise your arms in defence, Miles shakes his head and walks out of the room.

"Hey, wait for me!" You whine, running out of the room and catching up with Miles.

You and Miles were about to walk down the corridor, but Miles stopped you, he lifted his camera up and zoomed in to the window.

"It's that fucking priest." Miles whispers bitterly to you.

"Let's try and avoid him." You whisper back, Miles nods as the two of you slowly made your way to the window, ready to run, but the priest spoke.

"Thank god, the two of you survived. I feared that secular maniac would carve you up like the others. Meet me outside, we're close now." And with that, the priest simply walks away.

"Fuck all the way off." You spit at the priest, even though he could no longer see or hear you.

"If he's telling us to meet him outside, that might be our chance to get out." Miles taps you on the shoulder, you shake your head.

"I'm not trusting a fucking molester who thinks we're some witnesses or whatever bullshit he's came up with." You cross your arms stubbornly.

"{Y/N}, come on, I'm tired and hungry and I lost two fucking fingers, do this for me." Miles holds onto your wrist.

"I lost an ear!" You snap at Miles, he nods, still holding you by the wrist, he walks into the dark corridor.

"Thanks for understanding." He smiles at you, you stared, slightly shocked.

You knew he said what he said as a joke but still.

Miles Upshur smiled at you.