22

Miles fell to the floor with a loud thud, you crawled over to him as quick as you could, his eyes were watering and he was still screaming and sobbing.

You weren't entirely good in situations where people were crying, so you tapped Miles on the leg.

"Miles... Are... Are you okay?" You ask quietly, you were worried sick, Miles just got the shit beaten out of him by the Walrider, and the Walrider had went through into his stomach.

"I'm fine." He had quieted down, he rolls over onto his side and tries to get up, you help him, you wrap his arm over your shoulder.

"No... You're really not." You shake your head as you help Miles up the stairs.

Everything was silent until the two of you finally got to the big metal door.

"... Thank you, {Y/N}." Miles speaks up, you furrow your eyebrows at him.

"For what?" You ask, you were confused by his sudden thank, but you would take it, nonetheless.

"For giving me hope." He smiles at you, just like you when you had smiled at him, his lips were chapped and covered in blood, but hey, it was still a smile from Miles Upshur.

"Well... No problem, thank you, too." You laugh sheepishly.

"For what? I've done nothing." Miles was confused, you had nothing to thank him for.

"For being here, with me." You give him a warm smile, as does he to you.

"Come on, let's get out of here!" You get a firm grip on Miles as the two of you started walking, out into the corridor.

Honestly, if it weren't for you, Miles would be totally gone, as in, dead, or just completely insane.

It was true, he wasn't totally stable at the moment, but, you had managed to not only hold onto your own sanity, but his too.

And he loved you for that.