9

(This is a short chapter!)

"Look, the fire was blocking off the kitchen!" You shout to Miles, the two of you were walking through the room where you had previously found a man that wanted to burn the entire asylum down.

The sprinklers were now on and you and Miles were drenched.

The two of you walked into the kitchen and by that time, the sprinklers had stopped, you were walking quietly until the man who had attempted to burn the asylum down jumps out in front of you from around the corners and tackles you to the ground.

You were using every bit of strength you had in you to push him away, and it worked for a moment, he was on the floor and you quickly stood up, but the man stood up and pushed you down, he ran over you and out of the kitchen.

"{Y/N}, are you okay?" Miles asks you as he helps you up, you nod, furrowing your eyebrows.

"Yeah, I'm good, I'm good." You wave off the entire situation as the two of you walk out of the kitchen.

"The... The exit..." Your jaw drops as you stare with wide eyes at the open door.

"The exit!" You laugh to yourself, your smile grew.

"This is it! We can get out of here!" You cheer as you start sprinting to the exit, just as you felt the rain hit your head, you feel someone grab onto the back of your t-shirt.

"Miles, what the hell?! This is it! We can go home now!" You tell Miles, annoyed that he had grabbed you, but happy you had found the exit.

"We need to find Father Martin." Miles states bluntly, looking down at you as he lets go of your t-shirt.

"Fuck off, you can, but I choose to live." You furrow your eyebrows at Miles.

"He obviously wants us alive, so maybe if we find him he'll tell us a proper way to get out." Miles tries to convince you, but you weren't having it.

"No, Miles, he wants us alive so he can probably torture and kill us, he's exactly like that Rick Trager, he seems nice, then you talk to him and next thing you know your fucking ears gone!" You explain to Miles, Miles shakes his head.

"You're just being paranoid." Miles tries to tell you.

"I'm just being paranoid? I'm sorry, unlike you, I don't want to trust a potential child molester who is also a psychopath who also thinks we're going to witness some of his crazy fucking bullshit, I'm not having any of it!" You nearly scream the last sentence, Miles stares at you for a moment, then nods.

"Okay then, I wish you the best and hope you get out safely." He puts his camera up to his face, you're angry face quickly turned into a confused and scared one as Miles started to walk away from you.

"... What...?"