23

As the two of you almost got to the end of the corridor, Miles collapsed.

"Miles?!" You kneel down next to him, Miles shakes his head as he starts to get up, as he does, the door in front of the two of you opens.

"... Dr. Wernicke?" You question as Dr. Wernicke was surrounded by at least seven mean who were heavily armed.

Dr. Wernicke just nods, then, all the men aim at Miles, Miles pushes you to the side.

"What the fuck is going on...?" You ask quietly, as soon as you finish you sentence, one of the men opens fire on Miles, he shot once, which caused Miles to stumble back a bit. Everything was silent for what felt like forever, but was only a couple of seconds, then, more bullets came out of the gun, shooting Miles in the stomach, leg, arm, neck, everywhere. The man shooting showed no mercy.

"Shit!" You screamed, Miles had fell, it was obvious the he wasn't breathing anymore, you fell to your knees and quickly put your head to Miles' chest to check his pulse, his heart, anything that would prove that he was still alive.

"Gott im Himmel. You have become the host." You hear Dr. Wernicke.

"Is he dead?" You look up at Dr. Wernicke and the men with the guns. Dr. Wernicke doesn't reply.

"Don't ignore me you fucking Nazi!" You have a sudden outburst, you didn't realise it, but you were crying, tears fell from your eyes and onto Miles, but you didn't realise.

(I'm sorry if that came off as offensive, it's only for this story)

Dr. Wernicke still refused to reply, instead, he men aim at you.

"I'm not dying until you tell me if Miles is dead or not!" You snap at the old man.

There was a whispering noise, that quickly turned into a screech as a black figure emerges from Miles.

"Wh... What is that?!" One of the men scream and the Walrider goes for the men, snapping their bones, throwing them against walls, going inside them and spilling their guts.

The Walrider had killed every single one of them.

Every single one of them, expect...

"That... That German bastard!" You shout, realising that Dr. Wernicke had gotten away, you looked down at Miles' corpse.

"You're so stupid." You sigh, you sit cross legged next to his body.

"You know, I didn't even want to come here, but of course, anything for Miles fucking Upshur." You continue complaining.

"And another thing, I fucking liked you, and you go and do this! I would literally die for you, so why did you...?" Your voice grew softer as you slowly but surely stopped complaining to a dead body.

You sigh to yourself as you stand up, realising that the Walrider would probably be out to kill you.

You started walking down the corridor to get back to the elevator, you had, strangely, failed to noticed that you were being followed.

By a corpse.

You had slowly made your way to the elevator, that miraculously still worked. You got into the elevator and rolled your eyes as it started to go up, you started at the elevator door intently.

"Hey, Miles, remember when-" You turned to the right side of you, trying to lighten the mood, but you could pinpoint the moment your heart shattered when you realised that he wasn't there.