16

"Exit interview recorded December 27th 1985 in Los Alamos, New Mexico. Clearance Sierra Alpha. Subject Dr. Rudolf Wernicke. 14866." The "movie" starts up.

"The films are real." You hear a German accent coming from the projector, you were confused as the voices were talking, strange patterns were appearing on the screen.

"There were no alteration to the footage at all? No trickery?"

"None."

"In June of 1943 you recorded three instances of spontaneous bleeding. A half dozen test subjects began to develop brain tumours."

"Yes. The autopsies revealed that the rumours were pure lead."

"It killed them? Can you explain why the results could not be reproduced in the United States?"

"I have my theories. My homeland, in those years. It's impossible to understand the things we felt. What we believed. The overwhelming fear. Ecstatic rage and... English words are insufficient. More than hope. A human mind in that environment is capable of extraordinary things."

"You're saying the experiment needed..."

"A proximity to death. To overwhelming madness. Only a test subject who had witnessed enough horror was capable of activating the engine."

"Do you believe your tests subjects achieves something supernatural?"

"No."

"Do you think they contacted something supernatural?"

"Nothing is supernatural..." You ignored Dr. Wernicke and turned to Miles.

"Only a test subject who had witnessed enough horror was capable of activating the engine..." You repeat to him.

"The Morphogenic Engine." He concludes.

You looked back at the screen and your mind felt fuzzy, the talking became someone static but you were still able to hear.

"Then what was it? You said project WALRIDER was a gateway. A gateway to what?"

Dr. Wernicke didn't reply.

You grabbed onto Miles who was staring intensely at the screen, you dragged him off into the next room and grabbed his camera off of him, using it as a light as you took him down the dark locker room.

While walking down the locker room, one of the open lockers slam shut, this causes you to jump back a bit.

You slowly walk up to the locker and you see a face.

"You have to find Wernicke. Only way." The person in the locker tells you, you furrow your eyebrows and pull Miles away from him.

"{Y/N}, you don't have to hold my hand, I'm not a kid." Miles finally speaks up, you shake your head.

"I have the camera, I make the rules." You declare, Miles sighs and gives in.

You walked up the stairs and sighed as there was a ledge, you sadly gave the camera up to Miles and started walking across the ledge.

You jumped into the projector room and quickly grabbed a key.

"We're close to getting out of here!" You cheer, Miles nods as the town of you jump out from the projector room and down into the theatre.

You walk out of the theatre and to the door where the patient was, he was no longer there.

"Fuck." You whisper as you see one of the twins standing at the end of the room.

"Maybe if we sprint we'll outrun him...?" You ask Miles, Miles just shrugs and you sigh as you start sprinting to the door and unlocking it, Miles follows behind you, as soon as you unlock the door you slam it shut and look the the taller twin.

"That's weird, did he not notice us... Hey, fatty!" You cup your hands and shout to him, Miles slaps your arm and you laugh, the two of you walk upstairs and into the kitchen.

You walked out of the kitchen and down another hall, you noticed a man kneeling down and praying.

"Maybe he bought Father Martins line of bullshit." Miles shrug as the two of you brush the man off.

You walked through a small gap in the wall and were greeted with another man praying.

Every room you walked into, there was at least one patient praying in every room, but, you came across a room with an open window.

You and Miles carefully climbed out of it and along a ledge until you walked into another room and you were greeted with blood on the wall.

GOD HATES SICKNESS