27 {END}

A/N
Hello! I'm so sorry it's been 6 months since I last updated oh my god I'm a wreck I love depression!! okay that's all I just want this book to be over comment other stories you'd like to see.
Also, this is the last chapter wowie.
Also also, I'm highkey considering writing a Whistleblower story, or I might re-write this because I think my writing has improved?? Who knows, comment please I'm desperate.

"If you think about it... You're basically going to kill Miles Upshur." Waylon tells you as the three of you walk silently.

"I'd rather not think about it." You reply simply, your friend slaps Waylon's arm.

"That's so insensitive!" {B/F/N} whispers harshly.

"Don't need to whisper, but they're right, so insensitive." You mock your friends voice which causes Waylon to snort with laughter, but all laughter was cut off as you finally made it to the control room.

"The life pods are down there." You explain to {B/F/N}, they nod understandingly, as does Waylon, he decides to take the lead.

"I have the gun, I should lead!" You tell him, speed walking to get in front of him, he shakes his head.

"Nope, least likely to have an emotional breakdown goes first, you'll probably see Miles and fall to the floor sobbing." Waylon explains, you both stop for a moment, then stare at {B/F/N}, who was wondering around aimlessly.

You sighed as you and Waylon let them walk past the two of you.

"This is all so spooky!" They say, laughing, you and Waylon nod, the two of you not truly bothered about what they had to say.

It was awkwardly silent as the three of you finally made it to the life pods.

Your friend was like a child on Christmas, running around excitedly. Only then to come to a halt, and their face to fill with terror.

"Shit... Is that him...there...?" They ask you, you and Waylon slowly turned the corner and your jaws hit the floor.

"How...I... Did the Walrider get him there itself...I, just, how is it possible?" Waylon begins to question as the three of you stared at Miles in the life pod, you hugged the gun that was in your arms.

"Anyway, we can't keep, worrying, either shut the life pod off or shoot him." Waylon dismisses the topic of Miles actually being in the life pod.

"Well when Miles shut Billy's life pod down, you can see how that ended... So, shooting him is probably the best. Either way, I still think we're all gonna die." You explain, Waylon nods understandingly.

"You two go to the entrance, I'll meet you there." You tell them.

"What, and leave you here to die, no way." {B/F/N} shakes their head, Waylon nods in agreement.

"Yeah, the only reason you're telling us to go is because we're least likely to die if we go back to the entrance." Waylon thinks he figures it out.

"No, I just want a moment with Miles, I spent the last twelve hours fighting for survival with him, I want a fucking moment." You say bitterly, this causes Waylon and {B/F/N} to quickly turn around and make their way back to the elevator.

You sigh and out your hand on the glass.

"You're a dick."

Okay, you admit, that was a bit insensitive to say to a dead guy.

"But, you're funny, and you knew that coming here was dangerous and that's why you didn't tell me at first but I followed you here as a stupid joke and because I had a tiny crush on you but here we are, you're dead and I fucking love you." You take a deep breath in and sigh, taking the gun, you hit off of the glass, causing it to crack, not completely smash, but crack.

"Fuck!" You shout as you continue to hit the glass, it cracks more and more until finally, it shatters.

"I can't shoot you..." You say sadly as Miles body lay on the floor, you heard whispers, you knew what was about to happen.

You kneeled down, you heard the whispers become a screech, the screech could be heard throughout the whole building, it was heard at the entrance.

You held Miles close to you, you didn't want to let go, no matter how bad his decomposing body smelt, you never got a change to say goodbye, you never got a chance to tell him how you felt.

You felt something grab onto you, you tried to cling onto Miles but you were thrown up into the air.

This was the moment you had prepared yourself for, you knew the Walrider was about to find it's new host, that new host being you.

You felt yourself flying through the air, you tried to reach to Miles, almost thinking that he would reach back, but this wasn't a dream, this was your reality, you were falling and Miles wasn't coming back.

And then, the unexpected happened.

You landed on the ground.

You landed, but the Walriders screeches were still heard, everything seemed as if it was in slow motion.

A pain slowly made its way from the bottom of your spine to your neck, and as Waylon and {B/F/N} sprinted towards you, you realised it.

You were dead.

You had died, maybe not a peacefully as you planned, next to the one you loved, Miles Upshur.