1.4 | scoop you up

scoop you up

as told by everest

I did not pay attention in school that day. I sat back in my chair and clicked my pen against the desk, and I thought about you, and even though I realized that I was probably going to fail every class of my sophomore year of high school, I couldn't stop. Man, I'm sure glad that my brain is controlled by some sort of sorcery that demands that I daydream and steer off task and fail in school.

Maybe it's creepy, but it was so hard for me to not think about you and how you smiled at me and how cute your dimples were. My mind craved you. I wanted to scoop you up and eat you. Not literally, because that would be humanly wrong and quite disgusting and illegal, but you know what I mean. That is a flirtatious saying, I think (or maybe not, and I really am just creepy).

When I did daze off during lunch period while I was eating with my friend Diana under a big oak tree near the entrance of our school building, Diana hit me on the arm because I was not responding to the little story she was telling. She was a girl who craved attention and perfection and pretty much anything that would reward her with popularity. That, I believe, was why she was not popular or liked, like me. If she was, she would not be sitting next to me under a big oak tree near the entrance of our school building at lunch period.

By the time it was time to go back to class, I was fully aware that I wished that you had been sitting next to me, and not Diana.