1.11 | brains over beauty

brains over beauty

as told by everest

After school that day, I stood in front of the bathroom mirror with my hands on the counter and stared at myself. I had dark hair and freakishly bright eyes and thin lips and a curved nose, and my eye lashes were almost nonexistent and my teeth were not straight.

I was not attractive. I saw myself as ugly, and I took no self pity for it. I just got over the fact that I was not acceptable in most girls' standards and I would be lonely for the majority of my life because of it. Sure, it made me sad sometimes, but I cannot change how I was created. I just sucked it up and went on with my life having extreme belief in the saying 'brains over beauty.' Maybe someday a girl would see that I am a very kind and selfless person and I would do anything for her.

Maybe someday you would see.

I took extreme sincerity in my attempts to catch your attention. After I finished the inspection of my complexion (hey, that rhymes), I practiced talking to you.

"Hey, um, I'm Everest. Wanna sit with me?"

Eh.

"I'm Everest, would you take the honor of sitting with me?"

Too cheesy.

"I'm Everest, and I find you extremely stunning. If you do not sit with me I think I will cry for the first time in ages."

Oh my god, what was wrong with me?

I groaned, placing my hands over my face and leaning against the back wall of the bathroom. I was an embarrassment. How would I be able to do this without completely ruining my chances with you?