2.7 | you're-more-fascinsting fight

you're-more-fascinating fight

as told by char

We decided to eat in the library that day because we both had a mutual love towards books and you said that you told your friend that you would be in there during lunch period, which I understood.

"I want to spend my free time with a beautiful girl, but I don't want to be rude to my friend," you explained as we walked there.

I felt my cheeks flush. "You know, if she comes to the library looking for you and sees you with me, I think she would be equally angry. Lying is rude, so the only way to get out of this one is to hope she doesn't catch us."

You pursed your lips. "Yeah. I hope she doesn't. I don't want her to ruin our first lunch together."

I admit to feeling a bit jealous that you spent a long majority of time with another girl. I felt like you were... well, mine. Have you ever had that feeling?

You weren't my boyfriend, even though you acted like you were. In fact, we had been friends for merely days. But, we had become so close that I felt that I could not share you. You were my special person. So, even though you seemed fully invested in my presence, I could not help the fire of envy sparking through me.

"Me either."

We approached the entrance to the library and you rushed forward to hold the door open for me. I smiled at you and curtsied slightly, and you laughed and bowed in return.

We were silly. It was fantastic.

The two of us walked side by side and sat down in between two shelves of sci-fi books. You sat against one and I against the other, my legs crossed under my weight and my lunch in between us. I then realized you had no food with you.

"Um, what are you going to eat?" I asked.

You shrugged, placing your palms on the floor beside you. "I usually don't eat when people usually do."

I looked at you oddly, opening my bag of lunch. "Why?"

"I don't know. I always stay up super late on weekends and in the summer and I don't eat lunch until, like, four p.m., and dinner at eleven-ish. My body has just adjusted to that schedule, I guess. It's weird."

I nodded. "Very. But it's interesting."

"How? I don't think it is," you answered.

"It's just amazing how humans work, you know? How we can adjust ourselves to our personal needs when the world around us is working on a different clock."

You contemplated this for a moment. "Yes, it is pretty fascinating." You moved your foot and tapped it against mine. "I think you're the most fascinating thing on earth, though."

I giggled, not knowing how to thank you, so I just slid my foot and pressed it back against yours. "You're way more fascinating than me, Everest."

That's how our you're-more-fascinating fight began.