3.10 | all i want

all i want

as told by char

"All I want is nothing more..."

I have to admit, Everest, that deciding to hold a dance party in my bedroom was probably the worst and best thing I have ever done. Worst, because you screamed the lyrics to every song from the top of your lungs purposely off key, and best, because you screamed the lyrics to every song from the top of your lungs purposely off key.

It was horrific and adorable and heartwarming all at the same time. You danced like a madman and twirled me and used my hairbrush as a microphone so you could be like a professional singer singing to his love. I was laughing so hard that my stomach hurt and tears were running down my cheeks. You were just so cute, Everest Logan.

My favorite song, though, was All I Want by Kodaline. You were laying on my bed, your chest puffing from exhaustion, and I was standing by my desk scrolling through my playlists when I found it. Of course, it probably wasn't the most appropriate song at the moment since it was about a breakup and I wasn't planning on breaking up with you ever, but my thumb involuntarily clicked on it and there wasn't really any time to change it before you popped back up on your feet.

"I love this song," you said, and I smiled. You walked over to me and took my hands in yours, a soft grin on your lips. You led me to the middle of the room where there was plenty of empty space for dancing. You led my hands up to your neck, where I laced my fingers together behind it, feeling my cheeks redden. You placed your hands around my waist gently, and you stared down at me and you looked so happy.

We slow danced around the room, our eyes locked, your lips mouthing the lyrics of the song.

"All I want is nothing more than to hear you knocking at my door. Because if I could see your face once more, I could die a happy man, I'm sure."

I didn't know how to feel, to be honest, Everest. I felt numb. The numbness that you get when your heart is beating too fast to be felt and your lungs are so out of air that you can't breathe. Despite how uncomfortable it sounds, it felt so good. Love felt so good.

"But if you loved me, why'd you leave me?"

"I won't leave you, Everest Logan," I said quietly.

We continued to dance.

"I won't either, Charlotte Marie."

"Do you promise?"

"I do promise."

"I promise, too."