2.5 | everest logan

everest logan

as told by char

At school that day, I was exchanging my geometry textbook for my biology textbook and humming the words to the song 'Little Talks' by Of Monsters And Men (another personal favorite) when my locker door slammed closed. I just barely got my hand stuck in it.

I turned, and you were standing there with your laughter lines on your cheeks and your eyes bright with excitement.

"What the hell, Everest! I could have gotten my hand cut off!" I exclaimed.

"Ah, but you didn't," you said, leaning against my locker so that you were merely inches in front of me. Your confidence had raised so much since we first saw each other on the first day of school, and I was incredibly proud of you. I didn't tell you that, though.

"I almost did," I muttered, kicking your foot gently with my own shoe.

"Whatever, Charlotte," you retorted, grinning. You reached over and took my biology book from my grasp, looking at the cover of it, which I believe only had a picture of a boy laughing. It kind of reminded me of you, but I didn't tell you that either. "Biology, huh? I probably should have done that last year. You chose well."

Sometimes I forgot that you were a sophomore and I was a freshman. Of course, the age difference didn't have to do with anything considering we were only friends. But if we did, you know, become more, it wouldn't bother me that much anyways. My birthday was before yours in the year, so we would be the same age for a couple of months.

"Please stop calling me that," I said.

"But I'm special," you replied. "I want you to remember me."

I smiled, taking my book back so I could get to class. "Don't worry, Everest Logan. I'll remember you."