1.7 | indie music

indie music

as told by everest

Diana's older brother decided to bring Diana and I home that day. I was aching to decline their offer when they asked me if I wanted to some along, but they were my friends and you were only a beautiful stranger who had laughter lines that melted my heart. Long story short, I did not know what would happen on that bus ride, if we would talk or ignore each other, if you would notice me staring again- I was nervous and a part of me told myself that you would be better off without me on board.

So I rode home with them and listened to them sing along to the crummy pop music on the radio that I absolutely despised. I didn't tell them that though, because they seemed to really be enjoying it. I didn't understand why people liked listening to this genre of music, because literally every song was either about sex or drugs or being so heartbroken that they want to cry for seventeen years or set something on fire. It really had no positive purpose in this world and our society, I think, would be much more in line if it did not exist.

Personally, I liked indie music. Every song had a story or a moral behind it, and that always gave me a fuzzy feeling inside, almost as strong as when I saw you.

I stared out the window of their car and wondered what type of music you liked. You seemed like someone who would enjoy the same type of music as I do, but I know I cannot assume before I really get to know you.

If I get to know you, that is. I really hope I am given that opportunity.