2.6 | played footsie

played footsie

as told by everest

After you left for class, I stayed with my back pressed against your locker and watched you walk away. The fact that you had practically played footsie with me- not really, but kind of, but not really... but kind of- was still blowing my mind. Footsie was a couple-y thing, right? Did you feel that way about me?

I contemplated that all day until it was finally lunch period. Diana came around the corner and greeted me like she always did, but I lied and said that I had to stay in and shelf books in the library, and that she should go and eat without me. She hesitantly agreed, and once she was gone, I ran back to your locker and stood in front of it to wait for you.

After what seemed like hours but was most likely only about thirty seconds, you came down the hall with your hands full of books and your blonde hair hanging in your eyes. I crossed my hands across my chest and watched as your eyes flicked up to mine, a smile spreading over your lips. "Hello, Everest Logan," you said.

"Are you going to call me that from now on?" I asked as you stopped in front of me. Your thin frame looked like it was going to shatter with all the books in your grasp. I reached over and took two from you- one was a heavy textbook, and another was a paperback for entertainment, I believe.

You nodded in thanks, and I grinned. "I suppose," you said. "Does it bother you?"

I moved to the side so you could get inside your locker. I brought my finger up to my chin and tapped it. "I don't know," I said. "Will you remember me more clearly if you do?"

You laughed as you placed some books into your locker. I looked down and saw that you were reading The Help. I had watched the movie and thought it was quite funny. Maybe the book would be the same. "I guess so."

"Alright," I said. I reached my foot over and tapped it against yours. "Say it whenever you want, then, Charlotte."