Chapter IX - Where are the Hotties?

Reese, River, and Penny finally manage to catch up with me in the parking lot before I could disappear. It's not like they don't know where I live anyway. I'm sure they'll be knocking on my door sooner or later today if they didn't manage to catch me at school.

"You've been avoiding us. Us! Your best friends!" yells Penny, making a few students who are still standing around at the parking lot turn their heads to look at us.

"Are you going to tell us what happened with Logan yesterday?" asks Reese gently. When she touches my cheek, and I wince. "Who did this to you Genesis? Did he hurt you?"

I feel guilty for avoiding them since after lunch yesterday. They've been there for me through thick and thin. I shouldn't keep them in the dark.

"No.. he didn't do that. I'll tell you what happened, but not here. Too many ears listening," I explain, looking around.

"Okay. Let's go to my house then. Nobody's home right now. My parents are working late today," suggests Penny.

"Okay, girl time," announces Reese as she pushes River to his car. She knows, as much as I love River as a friend, I won't be spilling as much if he was there.

She gives him a long kiss, to make up for any hurt feelings before the three of us pile into her car.

"You call me if you need me right?" yells River before he goes. "And that includes killing people and hiding dead bodies!"

"He really needs to learn to keep down if he wanted us to get away with it. I don't want to get incriminated just because he can't keep a secret," comments Penny.

Everything is so quiet when we get to Penny's house. She has a nice house. Very neat and orderly and color coordinated, while mine is a disarray of colorful cushions and throws and artwork everywhere, even some murals on the walls.

"Okay, now spill," orders Penny. We're sitting on her queen size bed while Control by Halsey is playing softly in the background on her I-pod dock on her study table.

"Well...I agreed to go out with Kevin this weekend," I announce casually.

"You did what?" asks Reese, clearly shock. "Didn't we agree that you didn't want to lead him on or something like that?"

"Hah! I knew it," exclaims Penny gleefully. "Genesis and Kevin sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes..."

"You finish that song, I'm going to strangle you with this headphone chord," warns Reese.

"Golly, you're so violent, Reese!"blurts out Penny.

"Have you take a look at her face?" she asks Penny. "Genesis, enough trying to distract us...just tell us what went down with you and Logan yesterday and who did that to your face?"

I sigh and then start telling them about what happened between me and Logan yesterday and again today.

"He kissed you?" croaks Penny, gawking at me.

"Yep, and he gave me this," I remove the jacket collar off my neck to show them the bite marks.

"Oh goddess," gasps Reese. "At least he hasn't mark you yet."

"I don't know if he ever would. He said he's marking Mia and make her Luna. He's keeping me on the side...like his personal whore," I explain heatedly.

"The bastard!" explodes Penny.

"Then he hit you?" asks Reese looking appalled.

"No, this is from Mia," I point to my red cheek. "She and her minions cornered me to warn me to stay away from Logan. She smelled Logan on me, then she went nuts and slapped me and also gave me this," I lift up my tank top and show them the bruises on my stomach.