Chapter XXVII - I'm a Bunny Cuddler, Fuzzy Slipper Wearer

After that talk with my parents, Constantine took me out for some ice-cream, then we came back to his massive place again.

"So, I heard that you like my Corvette Stingray," says Caspian, looking mischievous. "You know, I can be persuaded to part with it...at a price."

We're now sitting in their living room with the rest of the lycans. Caspian is sitting lazily on one of the plush cozy chairs with his long legs resting on the coffee table.

"You name the price, I'll pay for it," says Constantine.

"No, you don't have to buy the car for me, Costa," I object from my sitting position on Constantine's lap.

"I don't want your money," states Caspian. "I want my payment from Genesis."

"From me??? You pick a wrong person, buddy. I don't have enough money to pay for it. I'm dirt poor," I announce proudly.

Serena giggles from where she's lying on the sofa with her head on Lazarus's lap.

"No, I don't want your money, I want a kiss..."

"No!" growls Constantine, tightening his arms around me.

"On my cheek." finishes Caspian.

"No!" he growls again. "I'll pay for it, just name the price. She's not kissing you anywhere."

Caspian is having too much fun annoying Constantine. This time Caspian gets hit on the head by a flying magazine thrown by Serena.

I like spending time with them, even with Caspian. He's a harmless flirt who likes to banter about everything. He's such a kid.

************************************************

I refused a lift from my friends, and I refused a lift from Constantine this morning. I arrive late to school on purpose and try to hide out from everybody by using my mad ninja skills again.

Again, my mad ninja skills fail me. Constantine finds me so easily. He wraps his arms around me and buries his face against my neck as soon as he sees me.I'm beginning to suspect that I might not have mad ninja skills after all.

After that he has his arm around my shoulders and won't let go. Serena, Lazarus and Caspian walk with us. Serena and Lazarus walk hand in hand. They always do. It's kinda weird to be walking with the lycans like I was one of them now.

I get a lot of stares, especially hateful stares from the girls. Strangely, some of the girls get even more brazen. They're giving the lycans even more shameless, flirtatious looks, more top buttons undone and even shorter skirts.

I think it occurs to them now that I'm with a lycan, they might have a chance to be with one too. The problem is, they're not only blatantly flirty with Caspian, but with Lazarus and Constantine as well. It annoys Serena as much as it annoys me.

During lunch, my friends join us at the lycan's usual table. Constantine keeps me on his lap the whole time. His hand around my waist and on my thigh, keeping me in place. Once in a while his face nuzzles my neck. His lips doing things to my skin that makes my toes curl.

At first, Penny, Reese and River keep staring at the lycans in awe. The lycans don't talk much around other people. That is so different from the way they were at home.

The lycans are so silent that after a while, I think my friends forget that the lycans are there, and start acting like themselves again. My friends start their pointless bickering like they usually do. Today's important squabble is whether chips are better than fries. Penny loves fries. She has fries almost everyday during lunch. River can't survive without chips. The discussion gets so heated after a while that Penny almost threw her fries at River's head. Almost, because "fries are too yummy and precious to be wasted on River's stupid head". Penny's words.