Chapter XVIII - Dinner Disaster

We arrive at the massive pack house just in time. We are promptly ushered to the Alpha's wing of the house by the beta, I'm assuming Hunter's dad, and another man.

Luna Catherine greets us just inside the door and we are met by Alpha Carrington and Logan in the living room. By the looks on their faces, both father and son seem like they just had a disagreement.

Our parents seem to get along fine. Luna Catherine is a very beautiful lady with blond hair and blue eyes just like Logan's. She's very friendly and gets along with mom very well.

"My, you must be Genesis," she greets me happily. "You are stunning, my dear," she gushes, giving me a quick hug.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Logan giving me a head to toe survey. I ignore him, while plastering a smile on my face, looking at everyone and everything except for him. I'm still very mad at how he ruined my date with Kevin yesterday night. I wish I could ask him how Kevin is doing. He keeps staring at me as if willing me to look at him.

Luna Catherine announces that we should all go into the dining room. As everybody is making their way there, Logan steps in front of me.

"Genesis," he begins, but I step around him. I walk in with everybody else, completely ignoring him. I can feel his anger, but I couldn't care less. I still feel the attraction, but somehow the thought of Constantine is consuming me more. Ezra is completely silent.

All of a sudden, Mia makes an appearance. Mia looks exquisite in her dark blue sleeveless dress that reaches her mid-thigh and five inch high heels. She steps right in front of me. She takes a seat right next to Logan, beside my mom. I was assuming the seat was for me.

Mia's hand quickly grabs onto Logan's as if staking her claim and Logan stares at me as if gauging for my reaction.

Mia's father, Gamma Brown, looks at the couple approvingly. The atmosphere in the room, however, changes drastically. My mom's demeanor changes, so does my dad's. Alpha Carrington looks furious, while the rest in the room looks embarrassed and uneasy.

I know this is supposed to be embarrassing for me and my family, but strangely I'm feeling just fine. I feel powerful and safe. Constantine. Just remembering the feel of his lips on my neck this evening makes me feel all tingly inside.

"Hello, Mia," I smile politely and takes a seat next to Autumn near the end. I look at Alpha Carrington who avoids my gaze. His jaw clenches and his face is turning red. He's furious and embarrassed. His golden son is disrespecting his guests and defying him in front of everybody.

Dinner is a strange experience for me. While everybody else seems uneasy, I'm feeling strangely detached from the whole situation. The meal is awkward and tense. Poor luna Catherine is trying to lighten the mood with no success. The usually happy easy going mom and dad barely utter a word. Mia is hanging onto Logan, looking desperate. Logan keeps staring at me as if he can't take his eyes off of me. Overall, the tension is so palpable that I think not a single soul is sorry when dinner is over.

After the last plate of dessert is served and eaten, Alpha Carrington suggests that we all move to his office. It's a massive room with books lined the walls from floor to ceiling. At one end of the room is a dark red leather chair behind a heavy mahogany table. That's probably where he usually conducts his business. A huge stone fireplace is at the other end of the room. Thick dark red Turkish carpet dominating the floor.

He ushers us to where a big comfortable sofa and chairs cluster around a big chunky coffee table, in front of the fireplace. More chairs are being brought in by the helps so that there are enough chairs for everybody.

Mia openly glares at me while I notice my sister Autumn is glaring deadly daggers at her.

While coffee is being served, Alpha Carrington announces his plan for me and Logan. "I want to announce Logan and Genesis, Alpha and Luna before the next full moon. I expect her to be marked and mated before then," he declares.

Wowza! The next full moon is in less than a week! No!

"With all due respect, Alpha Carrington, my family and I would like sometime to talk about that," says my dad before anybody else can say anything. Thank you, daddy!

"What is there to talk about? They are mates, my son Logan should've marked her by now. We've given them enough time. I want my son to take over the pack as soon as possible," objects Alpha Carrington.

"Still, it's a big decision, and in the light of a certain situation," my father quickly glances over to Logan and Mia who are sitting at a corner. "We as a family would like sometime to talk things over," continues my dad politely yet firmly.

Alpha Carrington seems to disagree. "There is nothing to talk about. I am being reasonable enough..."

Dad stands up and in his Alpha's voice, he says, "enough. I said my family needs sometime to talk. We'll continue later." His voice vibrates with such a full force Alpha dominance. Most in the room instinctively lower their heads, except for Alpha Carrington, my mom, and myself.

The room falls into a complete silence. Everybody seems shocked. I hide a smile. Nobody would've expected a lowly Omega could emit such power and authority. Never have I been prouder of my dad. I see my mom's lips curve up slightly into a proud smile as well.

"Alpha Carrington, luna Catherine, thank you for dinner. My family and I must take our leave now," states my dad politely. His tone of voice invites no arguments.

My mom and my dad, and even Autumn are silent the whole drive home. I sit at the back thinking about Constantine.

The silence continues as we get into the house and get into our respective rooms to change.

I shower, and brush my teeth, then change into my pyjama shorts and a comfy tank top.

After a short knock, my mom enters my room. She stares at me with sadness and some other emotions that I can't quite decipher. Then without any warning, she lifts the bottom of my tank top up to reveal my stomach.

She gasps at the blotches of colors decorating it. Dark purple for the newer bruises, lighter purples, blues, pinks and finally greenish to yellowish hues for the healing older ones. Then she sobs into her hands uncontrollably. It breaks my heart.

"Mom..." I put my arms around her, trying to console her. "It's okay," I hush softly.

"Why didn't you tell me? Why?" she cries. "He could've killed you...my poor baby.."

My dad and Autumn rush in to see what happen. Dad's face looks grim and Autumn's face looks like she's about to cry herself.

Do I think now is the right time for me to tell them about Logan's plan to keep me as his kept whore while marking Mia as his luna? I think not.

"Get packing. We're going back to my family's pack. We're going back to Cannis Gunnolf," says dad firmly.

******************************************************************

Thank you so much for your votes and comments, my cuddly bunnies! I will update again tomorrow or the day after.

BTW the song is Pacify Her by Melanie Martinez. She's so talented, artistic and different. I love everything artistic and different :). Totally adore her.

XOXOXO

Nicole