Chapter XXXIV - Stupid Drunk Boys

All eyes are focused on me now. Logan smirks, daring me to say no and daring me to say yes. Daring me to join the game and daring me to run off.

"In fact, why don't we make it more interesting? Why don't we make it just between you and me? What do you think, Genesis?" he moves in closer.

I try to step back, but my back hits several people behind me. The room suddenly feels too crowded and too suffocating for me.

"Logan..." comes a familiar voice sounds full of warning.

"Shut up, Hunter!" growls Logan fiercely. His eyes are staring fixedly on me. My eyes shift quickly to Hunter who is standing by the wall, then back to Logan.

"Come on, sweetheart. You're not scared, are you?" He's too close now. I can feel his breath on my skin. I can smell the alcohol. He runs the back of his fingers slowly down my cheek and down my neck, to my collarbone and lower. I feel sparks breaking out on my skin where he touches, and shivers run down my back.

"Logan, please," I plead. Damn the mate bond.

"Please what, mate?" he whispers in my ear. His hand is going lower.

No!!! He's not my mate! "Stop it, Logan!" I hiss, grabbing his hand that's already on my chest.

"Why? Why stop?" he snarls. "I want to touch what's mine. I want to see what's mine. Why does he gets to do it and not me?"

"You're drunk!" I snap at him, pushing him off me with extra force. He staggers backwards.

"You're mine, Genesis! Don't think I'm just going to give up!" he yells behind me as I fight my way through all those people to get out of there.

I stumble out through the back door. There is a bonfire in the backyard. A group of ten people or so are sitting around with beer bottles in their hands.

"Genesis! Genesis!!!" Logan calls out.

Oh no...I dart quickly to the side of the house.

I lean against the siding of the house. My heart is thudding fast in my chest. Full moon is shinning its pale silvery light everywhere. There are plenty of shadows of trees and shrubs for me to hide in.

"Genesis! Stop running... I can smell you," he sings out. He's more drunk than I thought.

I peek around the house, preparing to run if I had to.

"Logan...come on, man. Lets' go," says one of his friends, holding him back.

"No! Let me go...I need to mark her."

"Logan, remember what you promised your dad. You've got to go," says Hunter.

"But she's mine! Mine!" he growls.

"I know," allows Hunter. "Zeke, Caleb, Jordan...take him home. Alpha's going to be upset if you let him get anywhere near her."

I lean back against the wall, trying to calm my heartbeat as they drag him away, cursing them for manhandling him.

Screw Logan. Screw mate attraction that I still have for him. Screw the drama and free entertainment we just provided for those people in there. No doubt there will be plenty of stuff for everybody to talk about. By Monday it will be all over school.

Scrunching earth and snapping twigs make me jump. That draws my attention to an approaching figure. The familiar smell reassures me enough to let my guard down a little.