Chapter XXVIII - If I Was a Tiny Hummingbird

I stare in disbelieve as one black SUV after another pulls up in front of the Pack's house. How many people is Grandpa Quentin bringing with him? The whole army???

I think the whole pack members are here, staring in disbelieve like I am right now. Big strong men come out of the vehicles.

Alpha Carrington and Logan are standing at the front with the pack's Beta and Gamma and Delta, along with the elders and some head warriors.

I can see Luna Catherine with the other women there. I recognize some kids from school as well. I spot Mia and her minions in the crowd. She has a scarf around her neck. So I left a mark on her. I feel Ezra's gleeful satisfaction. My wolf somehow worries me a bit these days. I can feel how she's changing.

We just arrived, and I'm standing in the crowd with my parents and Autumn. Penny, Reese, and River are right behind me. Penny said she wants to be around me so that she can be "close to the action". I should've supplied her with popcorn before we came. "Ooohh...so many hot men in suits," I hear her giggles behind me. She sounds like a kid in a candy store.

This seems to be a formal occasion. Grandpa's men are in their suits and ties. Alpha Carrington and his top men are also dressed formally. No wonder mom made me and Autumn put our dresses on. I'm wearing a simple dark blue sheath dress with black pumps. Other pack members and my friends are in their casual clothing, though.

My dad ushers us to the front of the crowd as soon as Grandpa Quentin steps out of his black Bentley SUV. He's looking strong and sharp as usual. Werewolves age much slower than human. My grandpa is way over a hundred years old, but he looks like someone in his late 40s. Still handsome and distinguished looking. His dark hair has streaks of white at the temples. His light hazel eyes that look so much like mine and Autumn's are sharp with intelligence.

Grandpa Quentin might be in the elder council now, but he's still acting like an Alpha of the pack sometimes. I don't think he can help it. I don't think he will stop anytime soon either.

There's another man I've never seen before standing beside him. He's tall, tough and very good looking. Intense black eyes and jet black hair, probably in mid-20s. I'm guessing he's Alpha Vyacheslav of the Red Convel Pack. Red Convel Pack is known to be very strong and full of the best warriors in the world. I heard that the pack values strength. It's not uncommon for them to mate with the strongest she-wolves if they can't find mates after a certain age, just to breed strong off-springs.

The thought gives me the shudders. I can't be mated to him! I don't want to be a breeding machine. Besides, I can't even pronounce his name properly!

Grandpa Quentin shakes dad's hand and gives my mom a brief stiff hug. When he reaches me, his eyes soften. I told you he's tough, but he loves me and Autumn.

"My sweet girl Genesis," he murmurs as he strokes my cheek briefly. There's regret and something else in his eyes.

The Alpha beside him stares at me the whole time. I raise my eyes to look at him. I can feel his power. He might be tough, but I feel powerful . My caveman Constantine is more intimidating than any other cavemen out there.

Somehow the Alpha seems satisfied with the way I refuse to cower in his strong Alpha presence. There's approval in his eyes now and my grandpa Quentin smiles with pride.

Huh? What was that about? I feel like I'm missing something.

So far the meeting hasn't been going very well. Both sides aren't backing down.

"Your son planned to replace my granddaughter, a pure alpha blood with a Gamma," states my grandfather arrogantly. I notice Gamma Brown winces, then his face turns red.