Chapter XXII - How Not to Piss Off a Lycan

I'm in English lit again with Penny. The lycans walked us to our classroom, and so far Penny hasn't stopped talking about what happened between me and Constantine yet.

"Oh my gosh! I knew you said you're with him, but...whoa, you know?" she prattles. "I've never seen a lycan like that with anyone..like ever. Wow! You two look so cute together. He's sooo into you," she whispers dreamily. "I think you two make a beautiful couple."

My cheeks flush red again. I can't believe how everybody was staring at us. I guess nobody ever seen anything like that. The lycans never ever talked to anybody outside their little circle, let alone showing any emotions.

The teacher has been in the classroom for over ten minutes when the door swings open with a bang and Logan and Zeke walk in. Logan is looking furious. He's staring at me the whole time.

I inwardly groan. It's been almost 20 minutes since he entered the classroom. Logan is still facing backwards, staring at me, or rather glaring at me challengingly. I ignore him the whole time...or at least I'm trying to. I pretend that he's staring at something behind me. I stare straight ahead, pretending to be engrossed with the lesson. Isn't the teacher going to do anything at all? I know he's future the Alpha, the golden boy and all that, but this is ridiculous.

I glance at Penny who rolls her eyes before she looks at Logan, then quickly shifts her gaze back down to her fascinating Julius Caesar. Never have I seen Penny so interested in Shakespeare before.

We seem to be the focus of the whole class, even though everybody is pretending to be looking at something else. Coward! Well...so am I. I can't wait for this class to end.

What a jerk. Why is he doing this to me? He really should just leave me alone. I still feel him in the evening sometimes when he's having his "fun". The pain isn't as intense anymore. I don't know if it's because of my bond with Constantine getting stronger or because mine and Logan's mate bond is getting weaker.

I gather my things into my school bag very quickly even before the bell rings. I can't wait to get out of there.

Logan has another thing in mind. As soon as the bell rings, his hand wraps around my upper arm. "Just where are you running off to mate?" he pulls me out into the hallway with him and pushes me up against the wall. His whole body pinning me against it.

"I am not your mate," I spit out. "You rejected me, remember? We're nothing."

"Well, I changed my mind. Didn't I tell you that? What's this I hear about you and a lycan?" his grip on my arms tightens. His other hand grips my hair and pulls my head to the side, baring my neck to him. "You are mine," he growls against my neck. "I will mark you and I will mate with you."I feel his teeth grazing my skin. His canines sharpen. Wait. Is he marking me? Here? Now?

"NO!!!" I struggle and push against him as hard as I can. I feel him hardens against my upper thigh. All my squirming only excites him. His mouth latches onto my neck and I start to struggle wildly.

I push with all my strength. I hear a loud bang and in the next instance, I realize that I'm free.

Logan is slumped against the opposite wall with Constantine standing over him. One of Logan's arms bent the wrong way. The lockers behind him have a big dent on them.

Constantine is looking positively dangerous. His eyes are all black, which reminds me of my own eyes yesterday. He's breathing hard as if trying to calm himself, but his stance is threatening. Dangerous power is emanating from him in strong waves. Even the crowd shrink back.

His hand reaches down to grip Logan by the neck and drag him back up with ease. Logan winces, his arm is dangling uselessly at an awkward angle.

Three lycans easily push through the student body. Lazarus and Caspian grip him on his shoulders and arms. Serena walks over to my side and hold my shoulder and touch my face gently.

"You okay?" she asks softly.

I nod, staring at the scene before me nervously. I now realize how serious this is and how ugly this could turn out to be.

"Go to him. Only you can calm him down now." she whispers calmly.

I nod again and walk on unsteady legs to stand in front of him. He's staring down at Logan. I can see how hard he is struggling to hold on to his form and stay in control.

"Constantine," I whisper. He doesn't seem to hear me.

"Costa.." I try again. This time I cup my hands on his cheeks and turn his face towards me. His eyes are two black shiny soulless holes, regarding me coldly. Dark blue veins decorating the surface of his skin spreading from his eye sockets down across his cheeks, snaking down to his neck. I can feel his power. Dark and dangerous. My heart speeds up, but not from fear. His dark strong power excites me, I realize.

I stroke his face gently and he closes his eyes. He releases Logan with a loud thump as he leans in closer to me.

"She's my mate. She's mine," says Logan defiantly.

Is he kidding me right now? I'm trying to save his sorry a$s. No sane werewolf in his position would say anything now.

Constantine's head snaps down. His dark focus is once again on Logan.

"She's mine now. She belongs to me, mutt," his voice is unrecognizable.

I feel, rather than hear a deep rumble in his chest. I don't know what that means, but I quickly grab his face in my hands again and pull it to me. When I get his eyes back on me, I tug at his hands trying to pull him away just in case Logan decides to open his big mouth again. He stares at me, but refuse to budge.

"Costa...please," I plead. I tug again, and this time he lets me. The crowd parts as I pull him away. I don't know where I'm leading him to, all I know is that I need to get him away from there.

We end up at the back door of the school. I push open the door and pull us out with a deep sigh.

As soon as we're out the door, he grabs me by my shoulders and presses his face into my neck.

"You are mine. Mine. All mine," he repeats as breaths me in. His nose flaring, eyes still black.

Then he pushes me back."You smell like him," he growls fiercely. Dark blue veins once again appear over his face. He doesn't look much like a human now.

"But I don't want him...I'm only yours," I whisper urgently, clutching his muscular arms tightly.

"Say that again. Tell me that you're mine."

"I'm yours. Costa, I'm only yours."

***********************************************************************

I hope you like this chapter. Please vote and comment. Thank you for reading!!!

XOXOXO

Nicole