Chapter XXV - Totally Lickable!

"We never get to eat, you must be hungry," remarks Constantine as he keys in the code. A metal door smoothly slides open to reveal the biggest garage I've ever seen. There must be more than ten cars in there and several motorcycles. Why would they need that many cars? From practical sedans and SUVs to fancy sport cars. There is a BMW, a Jeep, a Buick, a Ferrari, a Porsche, a Bugatti...just wow! There are a few other exotic cars that I have never seen before and have no slightest idea what the make of them, but my mouth water at the sight of a red 1967 Corvette. That baby is totally lickable!

Constantine smiles at the direction where my eyes are drawn to.

"Which one is yours?" I ask him.

"The Ferarri, the Aston Martin, the eco-friendly Tesla we arrived in today, and also the Ducati over there," he points at one of the motorbikes in there.

"The Corvette belongs to Caspian, but I don't think he would mind if we took it for a spin," he adds as he opens a metal cabinet by the wall and produces a set of keys.

"Let's go," he winks as he unlocks the Corvette.

"What do you feel like having, Sunshine?" he asks as he accelerates and shifts into 4th gear.

"Anything goes," I whisper in daze. I stare at the red smooth leather interior of the car. I'm in heaven. I'm in a 1967 Corvette Stingray. I'll eat anything.

Constantine's lips twitch as if he's trying hard not to laugh. His silver grey eyes full of amusement.

I love the way he handles the car too. I love watching the way his strong elegant fingers glide on the steering wheel. The way he confidently changes the gear, the way the muscle of his powerful arms contract as he moves and grips the wheel or the gear knob.

I imagine those hands on me...fuzzy slippers!!! Get your mind out of the gutter woman! Is it hot in here, or is it just me? I need to fan myself, but of course I'm not going to do that. Yikes!

His sharp clever eyes rarely miss anything when it comes to me. By the wicked look in his silver grey eyes, he must have an idea what I've been thinking about....which doesn't help my blushing problem.

We end up in an Italian restaurant. I can still remember the smell of that pizza they had in their home and I feel like having pizza now.

The moment we're out of the car, his hand moves to touch the small of my back and stays there. I can feel the warmth of his hand burning through the fabric. My heart starts doing the flip flops again.

The hostess who leads us to our booth shamelessly tries to flirt with Constantine, but his eyes are totally on me and he doesn't seem to be aware of it. That makes me give the hostess a little smug smile. I guess I have to get used to girls staring and trying to flirt with him. I'll tolerate it, but if any of them gets handsy, then the gloves are off, sister.

Constantine requests a more private booth, and we are seated way at the back. He sits next to me on the bench and places his hand on my thigh underneath the table as soon as we are seated.

The young waiter who comes to take our order stares at me the whole time. I can tell that he's a werewolf. The teenager doesn't take his eyes off me even when he's taking Constantine's order. That earns him a growl and a cold stare from Constantine. He's wise enough to lower his gaze after that.

As soon as the waiter leaves, he pulls me up into his lap and nuzzles my neck, breathing me in. "Genesis," he groans against my neck. "What are you doing to me?"

Shivers run down my spine. "What do you mean?" I ask breathlessly. If he's not careful, I'd jump him right now.

"We lycans are very dangerous. Losing our temper would mean death to those around us. I'm usually very good at controlling my temper. Most lycans do, but with you I loose control so easily. I could have easily murdered that Alpha mutt and other students this morning. Snap that waiter's head just now. With you, I have no control."

"Must you be in control all the time?" I whisper before my lips touch the skin of his throat. My tongue flicks out to taste it. Mmm...yes, totally lickable. With him, my body has a mind of its own.

He groans deep in his throat. "Careful sweetheart," his voice is rough. "You don't know what you're saying," His hand goes into my hair and pulls my head to the side, then his lips attack my neck. Funny bunny...crazy slippers!!! My head rolls back. His lips are magical. Did I say that already?

We are interrupted by the same waiter who is now looking quite uncomfortable, bringing our drinks. His face is bright red as he notes how we're sitting. I try to climb off his lap, but Constantine just tightens his hold on me even more.

"The poor guy looked like he's about to die on the spot." I whisper, as soon as the guy leaves.

"Well, now he knows that you belong to me," he remarks possessively.

He lowers his head and rains soft kisses on my cheeks and along my jaw. "You take over my senses completely, sunshine. When we're in the kitchen, I didn't hear my friends until they entered the house," he whispers in between open mouth kisses. "I'm so addicted to you."

We can't seem to get enough of each other. Now I don't why I asked him for some time. I think I'm ready to be fully claimed and marked by him. Now!

He only reluctantly lets me off his lap once our food arrives.

After lunch, I fidget with my fork as I contemplate of how to tell him about Logan's and Alpha Carrington's plan.

"Okay, what is it, Sunshine? There's something obviously bothering you. Are you going to tell me about it soon?"

How do I break it to him without him loosing his temper? I really have no idea, so I just blurt it out.

"Well...uh, Alpha Carrington wants me to be mated and marked by Logan soon. He wants it done before the party when they're announcing us Alpha and Luna of the pack."

He doesn't say a word, so I continue, "Constantine, they're planning the party for tomorrow night."

He is so silent. Then he closes his eyes and he clenches his jaw tight. His hands are balled into tight fists. He doesn't utter a word for a good three minutes. It worries me.

"Costa?" I whisper hesitantly. Dangerous vibes radiate off him like tidal waves.

I touch his arm gently and he turns his head and opens his eyes. My breath catches in my throat. Two chasms of black cold pits stare back at me.

I climb up to sit on his lap, straddling him. My hands move up to stroke his cheeks gently before I tangle them in his thick dark silky hair.

He closes his eyes and fiercely jerk me into him. His shoves his face into the crook of my neck, nuzzling me there roughly.

I comb my fingers through his silky hair gently and he arches his head back. His eyes closed, his long sooty eyelashes fan across his cheeks. The expression on his beautiful face is the mixture of torture and ecstasy. My heart flips at the sight. I want to be the cause of more of that look on his face, but certainly not this way.

"Tell me that you're mine," he demands in a thick deep voice that doesn't sound quite like him. My fingers tighten in his hair and he groans as he leans down and presses his face into my neck once again.

"Costa, I'm yours," I comply.

"You're mine. All mine and only mine," he growls against my skin. His powerful sinewy arms holding me tight. "I'll destroy anyone who dares to take you away from me."

*****************************************************

I'm down with cold right now. The last half is when I'm all hopped up with Tylenol. My brain has turned to mush. Hope it makes sense.

Thank you for your votes and comments. You guys are awesome.

XOXOXO

Nicole