Chapter XXIII - Shower Heads, I Love You

"Is this your house?"

"It belongs to all of us, though Caspian makes most of the decision regarding the house, the rest of us couldn't care less."

Once Constantine regained control of himself, he drove me to this mansion not too far out of town, but very well hidden by mature trees and the long winding driveway.

Even now I'm not sure how much control he has over himself. Once in a while I catch him clenching his jaw or balling his fists around the steering wheel till his knuckle turn white.

He opens the massive door to the sight of an impressive grand foyer. The foyer has a high ceiling with a dome skylight. It opens up to a grand staircase. The gleaming marble floor reflects the light from the skylight as well as the huge crystal chandelier that hangs in the middle of the room. Everything is in cream, accented with black and gold. Either side of the staircase opens up to other areas of the house. This is even more impressive than the pack house.

"Caspian likes everything lavish," remarks Constantine as he leads me up the staircase.

We walk pass several doors on the second floor until we reach the end of the hallway. He opens the last door to our left and wait for me to get in.

"This is my room," he informs me as we step in. His room is easily four size bigger than my bedroom. The walls are grey. Everything else is in black and white with a little splashes of red here and there. There's a massive king size bed in the middle of the far wall with a huge red, black and white abstract painting behind it. A sitting area, with a sofa, chairs and an ottoman is at the front, facing a big screen TV.

"You can have a shower in here. There are fresh towels in the bathroom," he says as he pushes his en-suite bathroom door open. He hands me some clothing items.

"You want me to take a shower?" I ask, incredulous.

He leans back against the wall with his head back and his eyes closed, looking tortured. "Every time I smell him on you, I feel like my control is slipping away. I'm trying very hard not to go to him now and rip his heart right out of his chest," he growls.

Okay...we don't want that now, do we? So I quickly grab the garments and step into the bathroom, locking the door behind me.

His bathroom is impressive too. There's a deep clawfoot tub right in the middle of the huge bathroom, but it's the shower that draws my attention.

The glass enclosed shower has a granite bench and nine shower heads including the biggest rain shower at the top. Aahhh yes...if I had a shower like this, I'd never leave my bathroom. I use his shampoo and soap too. I think I smell like Constantine now.

After drying off with a thick fluffy towel, I put my underwear back on. There's no way I'm going to walk around without any underwear on. His white shirt comes down just a few inches above my knees. His boxer shorts disappear underneath his shirt. It makes it look like I wasn't wearing any pants.

When I open the door, he's sitting on the sofa with his Macbook on. "Are you finally done?" he asks with a lift of his eyebrow. He's looking much more relaxed now. A little amused smile tilts the corners of his lips.

I just poke my tongue out. I did stay quite a long time in there. I stayed until my skin turns pruney. I blame it all on the shower heads.

"I think I'm in love with your shower heads," I announce.

"Are you now?" he drawls lazily as he gets to his feet. "Didn't think I would have to compete with shower heads."

His eyes zone in on my bare legs as soon as I step out of the bathroom. His eyes smolder and his face grows serious.