Chapter XX - Chunky Monkey?

I'm dedicating this chapter to my friend @27_airam. Thank you so much for all your support! I might not even start this story without your encouragement to write just for the fun of it. You're awesome!

*************************************************

Constantine and I decided to skip school after that. Well...I suggested it. Constantine seems to be happy to go along with it. I've been so bad lately. With the amount of classes I skipped just this past couple of weeks, I'm surprised they haven't called my parents yet.

Constantine takes my hand in his and I'm in cloud nine...again. I see rainbows and unicorns when we're together like this. Well, okay...not really, but you get what I mean.

He seems so different when he's with me. At school or everywhere else, he seems cold and aloof. I don't think I ever saw him smile much before. He seems to be playful, and mischievous when we're alone. His smile and his laughter, my goddess, so amazing, it makes me weak in the knees.

"Come on, Sunshine. Get on my back," he coaxes.

Right now, he's trying to persuade me to get on his back so he can jump to the other side of the raging river. The river is very wide. The rocks are wet and slippery. Even the strongest werewolf won't be able to make a jump to the other side, I don't think.

"Nope," I refuse, shaking my head and taking a few steps back away from him.

"Sunshine..." his tone is a warning as he saunters towards me menacingly. Mischief in his eyes.

"Costa.." I fire back in the same tone.

"Costa?" he stops in his track. He raises an eyebrow. Then his lips curve up into a little smile and his eyes glint with humor. "Is that your new nickname for me?"

"Yeah, Costa...Constantine is a bit mouthful." I declare. "Why? Would you prefer me to call you Pooh Bear? Cutie Pie? Sweet Pea? Stud Muffin? Chunky Monkey?"

"Chunky Monkey?" his eyebrows rise. His lips twitch as if he's trying not to laugh. He shakes his head as if he can't believe I would think of calling him with any of those names."Though I wouldn't mind you calling me Stud Muffin," he winks.

"Now, get on my back, my Sweet Pea," he says as he hauls me onto his back. Before I can say "Chunky Monkey" we're on the other side of the river.

We stop by another cliff this time. We lie on our backs close to the edge, next to each other. This cliff has a 50 foot drop to the river below. We both seem to have a thing for cliffs.

It's a beautiful day. Soft breeze is blowing. The sky is blue and white fluffy clouds drift slowly in different shapes. I swear I could see ones that look like a bunny and fuzzy slippers.

Constantine entwine our fingers together. His thumb is drawing circles, caressing my hand. It's funny how his simple touch can make my toes curl and my heart speeds up.

"Costa?"

"Hmmm..?"

I decide to tell him what's been bothering me since last night. "My father decided that we're moving away from here. He's taking us back to his old pack. Cannis Gunnolf Pack."

Constantine raises himself up on his elbow to look at me. "You think your moving away can separate us, Sunshine? You are mine. No matter where you go, I'll find you."

************************************

When I reach home, there are boxes in the living room. Some stuff are already packed, ready for moving, but a lot of things are still where they usually are. I'm surprised that my parents only got this far. I'd thought the house at least would be partially empty by now.

When I get into the kitchen, I'm surprised to see mom sitting at the table. She's sipping tea, staring out the window absent mindedly.

"Mom?"

"Oh honey, you're home," she smiles brightly. Her smile seems forced. Something isn't right.

"Mom, what's going on?"

Her smile falters. "Nothing to worry about, honey. Do you want some tea?" she gets up to put the kettle on the stove.

"Mom, please. If it concerns me, I need to know."

Mom sighs. She looks worn. We both take our seat at the table and she wraps her hands over her steaming mug tightly.

"The alpha called your dad for a meeting today," she says. "They declined our request. Our application to leave the pack is rejected."

"Okay...can't we just take off and get Uncle Ashton or Grandpa Quentin to send the paper works later?" I ask. Let them deal among the alphas, it's easier. Some werewolves do that when they travel and find their mates in a different pack.

"Honey, our application is not only rejected...we are prohibited from leaving the pack," explains mom. "As of now, the border patrol is also aware of our position. I think they even send pack scouts to keep watch, to make sure we don't leave the territory."

My eyes go wide at this information.

"Why?" I blurt out even when I can guess the reason why. This is not a normal thing to happen. They don't make this huge a deal of a family leaving the pack to join another.

Mom sighs heavily as she stares at me sadly.

"Alpha Carrington wants you to mate with his son, Logan," she states gently as she tucks a piece of stray hair behind my ear.

"But he rejected me mom. He made it clear he didn't want me."

"I know, honey" sighs mom softly. "But he decided that the party is going to be in three days. You are to be mated and marked by Logan before then."

"I will not let Logan mark me or touch me and they can't stop us from leaving," I cry out in frustration, completely forgetting that I don't want to move out in the first place. "They can't force us. It's not fair!"

"No, it's not fair....but the elders would completely agree with them. It's within their right to prohibit us from leaving. You're Logan Carrington's true mate. You're rightfully his."

My chest grow hot when I hear this. The heat grows and spreads throughout my body. My vision is turning red. Ezra is protesting at being called Logan's. My whole being is rebelling against it.

"I am not hissssssss...." I spit out in a voice that doesn't sound like mine.

Mom Gasps in shock. "Genesis?"

A screeching sound makes me look down at a pair of hands that don't look like mine. My nails are long and sharp. They just made deep scratches across the dinner table.

"Genesis, your eyes..." whispers mom in fear. "What's happening?"

I withdraw my hands from the table and run. Not a second later, I'm in my room. What's happening? How did I get in my room so fast? My senses are ten times sharper than even when I'm in my wolf form. For a few seconds my senses are overload.

I look in the mirror and my eyes are all black. No whites at all. Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Don't freak out...don't freak out. I'm freaking out!!! What's going on? Even when I'm changing into my wolf, my eyes usually still have some white in them.

"Genesis?" Mom knocks on my door hesitantly.

"In a minute!" I call out. That doesn't sound like my voice. My fury is forgotten as stare at my elongated fingers and the long, thick, sharp nails in curiosity. I'm growing taller as my limbs elongated. I'm still changing.

"Genesis?" Mom. The door handle turns. I jump out through the window.

***********************************************

I finished this chapter pretty quickly, now I'm super sleepy :) Hope you still like it. Please let me know what you think, good or bad.

Thank you so much for your votes and comments!

XOXOXO

Nicole