Chapter XII - Here Comes the Human

It's 11 am. Saturday morning and I'm still in bed. The pain was unbearable again last night. Thank you Logan! I woke up to the pain around midnight and I had a pillow over my face, trying to muffle the sound of my cries. I think I passed out for a bit. I must've fallen asleep again after that, I'm not sure what time, but now I'm still exhausted.

My wolf Ezra is in the agreement with me that our mate is no good for us. The only thing that's against us is the mate pull and attraction that I'm determine to fight.

I spend a good half an hour thinking about our ex-mate Logan, my heart squeeze in pain. I push it aside and spend another half an hour thinking about the confusing lycan named Constantine. He doesn't even want to be friends with me. Why can't I stop thinking about him?

I really should stop thinking about men who don't want me.

I truly don't feel like getting up, but my stomach growls in hunger. Besides, I smell bacon, eggs, pancakes and coffee wafting up from the kitchen. I hear voices talking and laughing, the plates and cutlery clinking and clunking together. My sensitive werewolf senses is working against me this time.

After washing my face and brushing my teeth, I walk down to the kitchen.

"Good afternoon Sunshine!" sings my dad cheerfully.

That stop me on my track. Constantine called me Sunshine yesterday.

"Good morning!" choruses everyone. Everyone is here. By everyone, I mean River, Reese and Penny are at the breakfast table with my family. They're stuffing their faces with bacon and eggs and Mom's special pancakes.

"Boy, you look awful," observes Autumn.

"Gee, thanks," I return grumpily, taking my seat between Reese and my dad.

"Why are you looking so tired? Are you sick? Have you been staying up late? You shouldn't stay up too late, sweetie," advises Mom, shoving a plateful of scrambled eggs, bacon and pancakes with drizzle of maple syrup. My mouth water.

I steal a glance at my friends who are giving me knowing looks of sympathy.

"Didn't sleep well, that's all," I answer vaguely. "Thanks, mom. This looks yummy."

"At least she's not hangover," remarks dad, to which he gets a smack on the arm by mom.

My friends giggle and laugh as my dad winces and rubs at his arm.

"So, we're thinking, maybe we'll go see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them today," begins Reese.

"And everybody is okay with this?" I ask curiously, looking at Penny.

"Yeah, I love JK Rowlings, so I'm okay with it," answers Penny happily. Penny's usually very picky with movies.

"Then we'll head off to the beach later," announces River with a big grin.

"It'll be fun! But don't worry we'll make sure you'll be home before 4 this evening, so you can get ready for your date tonight," says Penny. I groan...just great Penny.

"You have a date tonight?" questions mom excitedly. Yep, just as I suspected, now mom's all excited.

"With who?" interrogates Autumn and dad at the same time.

"His name's Kevin," answers Penny for me.

"Kevin? Do we know him?" inquires dad again.

"He's a human," answers Reese.

"Oh.." says Autumn, looking unimpressed and suddenly loosing interest.

"Well, if he's a good kid, then that's great, sweetheart," says mom, patting my shoulder.