Chapter XXIV - The Birds And The Bees Talk

Upon seeing the three faces, I yelp and quickly hide myself against Constantine's chest. I grip the front of his shirt in embarrassment. My face must be beet red.

Cuddly bunnies and fuzzy slippers!!! This is so embarrassing.

"Well, hello Constantine. Hello Genesis. Nice to meet you," says a male voice. His voice full of mirth.

"Hi Genesis," says Serena.

"Hello," says another male voice. Must be Lazarus.

"Hi," I mumble against Constantine's chest. I'm in hiding.

I hear laughter, so I press my face harder against his chest. There's no way I'm coming out to face them now.

I hear the rumble of laughter in his chest and feel his body shakes with laughter. "Sunshine, are you coming out to meet everyone soon?"

I shake my head and close my eyes. No.

I feel his warm hand comes up to press gently on my back. They are still laughing.

"What are you guys doing home now anyway? It's not even lunch time yet," he asks his friends.

"Oh, we decided to check in on you and have lunch at home. Where is the cook anyway?" says the first male voice.

"I told her to go home. Order some pizza or Chinese or something," answers Constantine offhandedly as he lifts me up and carries me off. I press my face against his neck. I don't know where he's taking me, but I'm not going to look.

"Nice shirt she's wearing," again the first male voice, sounding wicked.

"Just look away, Caspian," growls Constantine, then in a flash, I'm in his room.

There's no end to my embarrassment today, and it's not even noon yet!

I must have inherited the genes from my dad, I decide. My ability to land myself in embarrassing situations.

"I blame my dad," I announce once Constantine places me on my feet and closes the bedroom door.

"What?" he asks, looking puzzled.

"The embarrassment genes," I explains.

"Okay..." his eyebrows furrow. I can see he's trying very hard to follow my logic.

"I mean, my mom's perfectly normal, you know....most of the time. So it must've came from my dad's side," I conclude, it makes perfect sense to me now.

There's a soft knock on the bedroom door and Serena pokes her head in before Constantine says anything.

She walks in and suddenly I feel inadequate. She's so gorgeous. Definitely one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen. Her skin is smooth and lightly tanned. Right now her beautiful honey brown eyes are filled with warmth and mischief. Her long shiny golden blond hair falls in soft waves down to her waist.

"I'm borrowing her, and she can wear my clothes," she announces.

Constantine places his arm over my shoulders and tugs me to him. "Or she can just stay in here with me and wear mine." he contradicts her.

Serena rolls her eyes. "The boys and I would like to get to know her too. You've got to learn to share, Constantine," she moves in and grabs my hand.

"No I don't," he mumbles sullenly under his breath, but reluctantly releases my shoulders as Serena pulls me away.

"One hour," he says sourly. Now he looks like a little boy whose favorite toy has just being taken away from him. "Then I'm coming to get you," he informs me.