Park Jimin

The sun shone behind my eyelids making me awake from my sleep. I stretched while in bed, and turned to my right to hide from the bright light behind the white curtains in my room.

My arms slumped onto the blanket in front of me realizing it was as hard as a rock, not soft like a pillow is supposed to be.

I lift up the covers, and saw Ippi sleeping peacefully, and realized he was sleeping in the same bed as me.

What happened last night? I thought.

Right. Ippi turned into a human, and then had a conversation about how to turn him back to normal.

Ippi snuggled in closer to me as if he wanted me to pet him like I used to do when he was still a dog.

I could feel myself blushing from the sudden contact, and I don't know why. I petted Ippi, and told him we needed to get ready because I planned on taking him shopping for clothes.

Ippi opened his eyes with joy sparkling in it.

"Really?" I nodded at his question.

We both headed in the kitchen, and decided to make eggs for breakfast.

Ippi didn't know how to use a spoon and a fork, so it took me awhile to teach him.

I dressed Ippi by giving him a hoodie, sweatpants, and a beanie which actually looked good on him. I realized that no matter what he wore, he could pull it off.

"Let's go!" Ippi yelled. Then we headed out to go to the mall.

I thought this was going to be an easy thing you know. But he would always wander around when something would catch his eyes.

We walked inside a clothing store and chose the clothes that would suit him.

"Lee Seo Rin? Is that you?" I turned around after hearing my name. As I turned around I saw my bestfriend, Aileen.

"Aileen? How have you been? What are you doing here?" She smiled brightly as she gave me a big hug.

"I've been doing fine with my work and everything. I came here to buy my boyfriend a present for our 100th day anniversary. How about you? Who's that? Is that you're boyfriend?" She said as she lifted her right eyebrow up.

"I've been doing good too." What am I going to tell Aileen? That he's my dog? Hell no. No one would believe me if I did.
"This is my cousin who c-came from Busan, and came to l-live with me here to study." I said as I could hear myself hesitate.

"I'm Go Aileen. And you are?" Aileen said as she smiled and held up a hand for Ippi to shake.

"Hi. I'm Ip-"

"His name is P-park J-jimin!" I interrupted immediately.
Ugh. What am I doing.

"Oh nice to meet you Park Jimin." Aileen said. Ippi smiled shyly as he nodded to her.

"Anyways I gotta go Seo Rin. Let's meet up sometime. There's a lot of things I want to talk to you about!" Aileen waved goodbye.

"I would love that! Have a good day with your boyfriend, Aileen!" I shouted as she walked off.

"Phew." I sighed.

"Can I buy this?" Ippi said with innocent eyes as he held up a shirt with a puppy in the middle.

"Let's go, I think I've bought enough for you." I dragged him out of the store with shopping bags around my arms.

"I'm hungry." Ippi whined.

We walked to the food court and bought sushi for us to eat.

"I've never seen this before." His eyes twinkling as he stared at the food.

"Yeah it's called sushi. It contains dried up seaweed, carrots, avoca-" I didn't get to finish my sentence because Ippi already gobbled up all the sushi without leaving one behind for me to eat.

I glared at Ippi, and he stared into my eyes innocently.
"Sorry. It was so good I ate it all."

"It's okay. Anyways I think we should stick to calling you Park Jimin." Ippi nodded as he liked his new name.

"Park Jimin who came from Busan, who is my cousin. And came to live in my house to study... arts here in Seoul?"

Ippi nodded and smiled.

"This should all be kept a secret okay? We still don't know when you'll turn back. From the time being you're name will be Jimin. And also, you are not allowed to go outside without me, understand?"

"Okay." Jimin smiled.

"Good boy."
I knew I could count on him.