Teacher

"What are you planning on painting for your project this semester?" I snapped out of my daydream and see the guy I bumped into earlier.

"Oh, um. I haven't thought of anything yet, Mr.." I looked at him for an answer.

"Mr. Kim Taehyung." He held out his hand and waited for me to shake it.

"Lee Seo Rin." I smiled.

Mr. Kim invited me for a coffee which was weird because I was the one who spilled coffee onto him. I insisted I would treat him because it would be unfair.

We were walking towards a cafe while chatting all about the fascinating world of art.I was surprised that I became comfortable around him so quickly.

Mr. Kim Taehyung had this vibe where it felt like you've been friends with him for a long time because of how friendly he was. He told me that he was one year older than me so it was okay for him to go out and drink coffee with him considering the fact that we were student and teacher.

After talking about the highlights in our life, we came to a conclusion that it was time to go home.

"I'm glad I met you, Lee Seo Rin. I look forward to teaching you more about arts in depth."

"I'll be looking forward too Mr. Kim." I smiled at him.

We waved to each other goodbye as a sign for us to part ways.

The sunset was slowly going down, and as I realized that I was suppose to treat Jimin ice cream after school.

I took the bus on the way home, and hope that Jimin is not upset about me forgetting to buy his ice cream.

I took out my keys from my bag and slide it on the key lock.
My eyes followed the darkness that swallowed the whole room. I tried to find the switch to turn the light on in the kitchen.

"Jimin?" No answer.

That's weird. I thought dogs can hear their owners when they open the doorknob. I thought.

I was lost in my thoughts and all of a sudden I accidentally stepped on something soft making me fall towards the floor because of how unbalanced the surface of the object was.

There was a thud sound which felt like my bones were broken all the way. Luckily, it was just my hands that landed with a heavy thud.

"Seo Rin?" A voice whispered.

"Jimin? What are you doing on the floor?" I said as I got up.

"I was sleeping on the couch, but all of a sudden I ended up on the floor." Jimin wondered aloud.

"Anyways, didn't you hear me open the doorknob? I thoughy dogs were good at sensing their owners?"

"I don't know. I didn't even realize you were here already." Jimin scratched his head while he stood up.

I sat down and relaxed for awhile.
"Wait. If you didn't sense me right when I opened the doorknob.. Does that mean you're slowly becoming human?" Jimin titled his head to the side.

"You think so?" I nodded.

"I mean, you're slowly adapting to your human form that you're forgetting how to even move like a dog." I said enthusiastically.

"Can I get my ice cream now?" I rolled my eyes at him for not listening to a word I said.

"Alright, let's go. I'll think about this myself." I grabbed a coat in my closet and gave it to Jimin.

"Wear this, it's cold outside."
Jimin smiled at me while we headed outside to get ice cream.