Exposed

"Seo Rin? Jimin? What are you guys doing here?" Jungkook asked with a worried expression.

I was still in shock, but composed myself in front of Jungkook.

"What's a wolf doing here? Where did you even get that?" I shot back at him with a question, while pointing at the wolf in the cage.

"Oh, um. It's a long story." He scratched the back of his neck trying to find an answer to my question.

Jungkook looked around behind me and told us to come inside his backyard.

The wolf seemed to calm down even when it saw Jimin and I coming in the door.

"His name's Moon." Jungkook said while patting the wolf.

"He's calm now. No wonder he was fidgety earlier." He looked at both Jimin and I who now felt guilty for following him all the way to his house.

"I've been raising Moon since he was small. We found him in an abandoned warehouse where my dad worked. We didn't really know he was a wolf until he became bigger and bigger."
Jungkook said as he sat down on the ground beside Moon.

"But now, I think I have to let him live freely in the wild than just cage him here in my backyard." He said with sadness in his eyes.

Jimin had been silent for a while, listening to Jungkook's story. He seemed to understand what Jungkook was going through.

"Jungkook, I'm sorry for barging in here without your permission." I said as I glanced at Jimin, and then to Jungkook.

"It's no problem at all. I mean we're all friends aren't we?" Jungkook stepped closer to both Jimin and I to give us a fist bump.

We all ended up laughing together despite the situation.

Jimin and I bid goodbye to Jungkook, and walked home.

"So Jungkook isn't like me..
He's been taking care of a wolf his whole life." Jimin said trying to clear our misunderstandings about Jungkook.

"Yep. So are you and Jungkook good friends now?" I said with a cheeky grin.

"I guess so. I mean he's actually a nice person once you get to know him." He said shyly, and I nodded.

"Want to go get ice cream?" Jimin asked, and this time I nodded more than once with the happiest smile on my face.