Paint Brushes

I was walking on my way to school the next day early in the morning. I didn't want to miss another day because tons of assignments and projects would pile up on me.

Jimin still didn't want to let me go to school by telling me to sleep for another 5 minutes. Of course I wasn't falling for another trick.

I had decided to go to class and ask Mr. Kim, which was our intern teacher for the next 6 months, if there was any assignments I had missed.

I stepped out of the bus, and jogged towards the school.

I was rummaging through my bag to find my handkerchief because of how I felt my sweat drip onto my right cheek.

All of a sudden, I bumped into someone's back because I wasn't paying attention to where I was going.

The person dropped a few paint brushes with red, blue, and green paint splattered onto the ground.

"I'm so sorry!" I immediately apologized.

It was a guy, and he turned around with an annoyed expression to see who had bumped into him.

"What the hell! Watch where you're going!" He yelled.

I noticed his white clean shirt that was ruined by the colorful paint he had dropped from his hands.

I gasped. I didn't know what to do, but apologize multiple times.

"I'm so sorry. You're white shirt. I'm really sorry." I immediately tried to collect the paint brushes on the ground.

I stood up and gave it to him. He snatched the paint brushes off of my hands, but some of the paint had transferred onto my hand because of how agressively he took them away.

"What an unlucky day." He muttered to himself, but I could hear it clearly.

"I'm sorry. I'll treat you to something for an apology." I sincerely told him.

"You better because this white shirt costed me more than $20."
He sadly stared at the paint on his now colored white shirt.

"Give me your number." He held his hand out, and I immediately took out a black pen. I wrote my number onto the palm of his hand, and smiled at him.

"Why would you write onto my hand? First the paint, now this? Are you planning on drawing onto my body?" He spat.

"I'm so sorry!" I apologized again.

"Whatever. I'll call you when I need you to repay what you did." He scoffed and walked away.

I watched his broad back as he walked away from me.

I've never felt so intimitated by anyone before.

I forgot that I needed to talk to Mr. Kim.

I entered an empty classroom, and noticed Mr. Kim reading a book.

"Good morning, Mr. Kim." He lifted his head up towards me.

"Ah, good morning Miss Lee Seo Rin." He said with a smile.

"I wanted to ask if I had any assignments I had missed yesterday since I was absent." I noticed how his hair was styled nicely which suited him really well.

"Well, I introduced a new project yesterday that will include painting a place you haven't seen anywhere before. Something new and unique." He explained, as I nodded.

"Of course, you'll need a partner for this. Since everyone already paired up with each other, there's one person who you'll be paired up with." I nodded again in agreement.

"His name is Jeon Jungkook." Mr. Kim said while looking at his paper.

Jeon Jungkook? Who's that?

"That's him right there." He said as he pointed at the guy walking in the room.

What?! I'm partnered with him?

"I hope you'll be able to create a wonderful masterpiece with him. Goodluck!" He smiled looking determined than I was. I returned a weak smile and said a thank you.

The guy named Jeon Jungkook sat on his desk, and still had paint on his supposedly clean white shirt.

I just hope we'll get along just fine.