4: Beep, Beep. Tick, Tock.

Violet's PoV:

I am pacing up and down the hallway, waiting for Payson in the hospital. The ride there was such a blur and hectic that I barely remember a thing. I feel somewhat responsible for what happened and it makes me even more anxious for her results. And hospitals weren't really Payson's place of peace. My pacing stops abruptly as I remember I should have called Michael. I pull out my mobile, but then realize that it doesn't work in the States. I run to the nearest nurse and ask if I can use the phone. I stand there, my red hair messy from the stress, and dial Michael up. It rings for a while until an older man picks up the phone.

"Hi! Is Michael there?! It's kind of an emergency," I almost shout, a little on edge.

"He's recording right now. Who is this?"

"Violet Tyler. But I really need to speak to Michael. Payson Clifford is in the hospital."

"I can't really interrupt him right now, but I can give him the message."

"Wait," I shout before he hangs up. Man, this guy is really insensitive. "Can I at least speak to Ashton? Please."

"Fine," the guys murmurs and there is a slight pause before he mutters, "Ashton. Violet Tyler wants to speak to you."

There is a slight shuffle and then Ashton's voice booms over the phone, quiet cheerfully, "Hey, Violet. What's up?"

"Ashton. It's an emergency. Payson is in the hospital. I need you guys here now."

"What?!"

"Get Michael. Here. Now," I say firmly.

"Which hospital are you at," Ashton's tone is trying to stay calm, but I can hear the pure worry and the shakiness in his voice, like he was about to cry. I proceed to tell him her location and in a short time, four boys rush in; Michael and Ashton rushing up to me as fast as they can.

"Where's Payson," Ashton asks at the same time Michael asks, "What happened?"

"Calm down. She went with the doctors. She was out unconscious last time I saw her. They won't let me back there yet. I don't know anything. I think she just broke her leg," I explain what I know.

Michael pulls me aside and looks me in the eyes before whispering, "You know what happened the last time she was in the hospital. I don't need that again. We need to find the doctor now. We need to be there when she wakes up. Got it?"

"Got it. Let's go." Michael and I leave the other boys in the waiting area, rushing around and asking everyone if they know where Payson Clifford is. Finally, one of the doctors claims to be her's and says he was looking for her family.

"I'm her cousin. She is staying with me this summer," Michael explains to the doctor.

"Ok. She is this way," he leads Michael into a room, leaving me to gather the rest of the boys.

Michael's PoV:

I enters the room and sees Payson lying on the bed. Her foot is elevated in a temporary cast and there is a look of worry spread across her face.

"We took her into minor surgery so she will be out for a few more minutes, but until she wakes up I want you and only you in this room. Got it," the doctor explains to me.

"So, when she wakes up, visitors can come in?"

"If she is well enough. It is her choice."

"Thank you, doctor," I smile and the doctor leaves the room. I take Payson's limp hand into mine and a tear rolls down my face.