32: TMH

The next two days were fun but went too fast. Michael missed me because of how much work they had so he let me come with them to studio somewhere out in the middle of LA. They were working on this song called 'Teenage Queen' today. Although I appreciated the gesture and being with the boys, I was really bored. Really bored. I couldn't participate and I didn't understand. I picked up the ukelele in the corner and pulled out my phone. I typed in "Christian Novelli music" into my email search bar and it came up with a few. I know I shouldn't still be thinking about him, but he was a musician and I really liked his music. He had emailed me few samples and the notes to play on ukelele so I opened one up called, "The Simple Song," and looked at the notes. None of it made sense to me so I asked Michael for help.

"Why do you wanna learn that?"

"I like it. Can you show me how?"

"Sure thing. I've picked up a few ukulele chords over they years. Its almost exactly like guitar." He showed me how to play a few chords and sometimes called Luke over to help. I finally figure out how to play that song and like it says, it's a simple song and so I kept practicing until almost the end of the day.

"Okay, I'm ready," I told Michael. I had memorised the lyrics and then looked at the notes for help. I started off playing pretty good, only messing up like once and then I started to try and sing.

This is just a simple song

'Cause you shouldn't have to hear me for that long

This is just a simple song

It's barely even a minute long

And this is just a song, it's simple

And I don't deserve a nickel for it

This is just a simple song

'Cause I didn't wanna try too hard

'Cause I didn't wanna try too hard on it

Dat da da da da dat da da da

Dat da da da da dat da da da

Its just a simple song

So I hope you just move on!

I finished and they we snickering a bit. They then clapped and laughed fully. I smiled best I could, but it wasn't really intended to be funny. Is this what people see Christian as? Just some comedian? There was meaning to everything he did and I liked that, but I guess Christian shouldn't be my top priority right now. I set it to the side and then curled up on the couch to just watch the boys do their work. That night, Ashton tried to compliment me on my song but I just turned around and ignored him. The night went silently and we dozed off. The next day, the boys were off so we sat around mostly but that night they were invited to a fancy dinner with some of their music producers and the boys from One Direction. I was invited too but we did have to get all dressed up, so that night I threw on the white dress I bought for Ash and my first date. I threw up my hair and again and slipped on the flats before I left. They were all wearing just black slacks and various dark coloured button downs. Did boys nowadays not believe in suits? I would love to see Ashton in a real tux. We went to some fancy restaurant we were sent directions to. It was real nice inside and we had to go into some back room separated from the rest of the dining area. Harry seemed okay now. I had Mikey tell him the bad news when I didn't feel like it. They were talking about businessy things all night but when the dinner was just about to be done with the entrees, there was a crazy announcement.

"So, we have been considering the popularity of the 5 seconds of summer boys" -- the One D boys cheered and Niall even slapped Luke on the back -- "and we have made a decision. You will be adding new dates to extend the Take Me Home tour in Australia and New Zealand." The boys all cheered but Ashton and I just looked at each other across the table, tears starting to come to my eyes and I could see some in his.

"I'm so happy for you," I mouthed under the cheering and chattering and excitement of it all. He didn't respond but only stood up for Calum to wrap an arm around him and start talking excitedly. I couldn't blame him for being excited. It was exciting for them, but that would mean one thing: Ashton and I would have only a few weeks to actually had a real relationship at home and then he would leave again for tour. I was saddened by this but I smiled at Mikey and continued to chew on my food after they all sat down and started to talk about it more. They order desert for the table but I didn't have any. There was no upside to this. My only best friend and my boyfriend were both leaving in a few weeks after we go home for the first time all summer. I was going to be alone. We all went home after dinner and me and Ashton laid in my bed very quietly, trying to sooth each other.

"The tour is only a couple of weeks."

"But my only friends are the ones going. I'll be alone."

"You could come with us."

"I can't, Ash. I've been away from my family long enough and I have school."

"We could Skype. Everyday. And I'll visit you when we have a day off."

"I'm not going to take up all your time on tour. Just go and have fun and I'll be there when you get back."

"The tour leaves the day my song comes out."

"Then it will be your good bye present."

"It'll be the perfect present but you have to get me something."

"Deal."

"You also have to tell Michael soon."

"I know Ash. Good night."

"Good night, peach."