13: A Change of Colour

A/N:

I am keeping this story chaste so nothing happens and nothing will ever happen. Just to let you guys know. Ok, enjoy. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I lay in bed, I just think of what Michael and I are going to do today. Last night wasn’t much of a normal night. After Luke and Ashton went to the studio, Cal and Mikey finished the stack of movies Ash put out. When we were finished with that, Luke and Ash came home, Luke insisting they clean up the blankets that night. I chewed on the Chinese takeout they brought home while I watched the boys fold the blankets and put them away. When they finished, I had barely touched my food and started texting Christian about his new video. It was a really creative short film he was working on, but he was becoming self-conscious and wasn’t sure he wanted to post it so I had to comfort him. The boys finished their meals and I still was just picking at it. Comforting Christian was like a regular thing. Every month right before he had to post a new video, I had to comfort him and tell him how great his videos are. It was already going to be a long evening. To make things worse, Ashton decided he needed some sleep for studio tomorrow and told me he wasn’t going to make it to our little balcony hang-out. So, instead, I laid in bed wide awake till now: about five o’clock in the morning. Around an hour later I grew tired and slept till ten. So when I woke up, Michael had already decided what we were going to do today.

“So, I wanted to dye my hair today and I thought you could join me. Does that sound good? I’m taking you to lunch first of course,” Michael told me as we sat over a cup of tea and my drowsiness engulfing the room. I was still in a bad mood from yesterday and not to mention the call from Christian that woke me up.

“Hey,” he said as I picked up the phone about a half an hour ago.

“Hello,” I sounded groggy, but I did try to make it sound like I had just woken up so he would leave me alone.

“So, I was thinking about the video,” he started.

I sighed eternally, but just said aloud, “Yeah?”

“Well, I thought to do just a Q&A video and save the film for next month since I’ll have my last few classes and I’ll be kind of swamped with finals. What do you think? Or do you think I should just forget about the short film all together because I don’t know if it’s that good. I mean it’s good, but not great. I could also just post it on my second channel since I already took all the footage anyway. That way you won’t have to work so hard on the editing. I don’t know what to do. I’m kind of in a jam. What do you think?” During this whole five minute speech, I decided to get up and get dressed for the day. I don’t usually put him on speaker, but I have heard this so many times already that I just decided to set it to speaker phone and turn my microphone on mute while I got dressed. I slipped on a black tank top tucked into my bookcase printed skirt and some studded, tan Converses. I slipped my hair into a bun. It was kind of greasy from not being able to take a shower so I couldn’t leave it down. By the time I was done with all this, he stopped talking and I turned my microphone back on.

“I think that you’re videos are amazing and that you should save the film for when you are busy. Do the Q&A this week and then just send me the footage so I can edit it for my class. Don’t ever doubt yourself Christian. I know you feel this way now, but your subscribers love your videos and I think the idea for the film is a great idea. Go for it.” I spit out what I say almost every month and then he thanks me and I hang up. By now, I am in a foul mood and wish that Ashton was here to just let me forget about everything and have fun. But I guess Michael is perfect enough. He’s always been my favourite cousin and even though I am older than him, he feels like an older brother to me. So, I suck it up, put on a smile, and go with Michael to Panda Express for lunch. After a nice conversation of mostly him telling me about his time in LA and the Take me Home tour, we make our way to the small hair salon he found nearby. When we get there, there are lots of girls doing other people’s hair and it looks very posh. As Michael is trying to decide what to get, I feel my hair and decide I at least need a wash.