37: Tour Day

"Yeah, okay. Thanks. Yeah," I laughed. "Bye. Yes. Go!" I laughed again and hung up. I was sitting in my room again, the windows open and the breeze whistling in. I opened my email. I had one from Michael. I stared at it. I hadn't spoken to him since the day we got back from LA which was two weeks ago. My mom opened my door and peeked her head inside.

"I'm made lemonade. You want some," she asked, holding out the sweating cup of lemony goodness. I nodded my head.

"Just set it here," I said, pointing to the table next to my bed. She sat the glass down then sat next to me. She took a glance at my computer and then up at me.

"How long has it been," she whispered.

"Two weeks," I told her. My mom and dad were supportive all my life and now I didn't need them so much any more. I had Daisy to help me and she gives really good advice. I even turned to an old friend to help cheer me up. It was natural for me to only have two friends so not having Violet or Michael around anymore didn't bother me too much.

"Are you going to open it?"

"Yeah, maybe later, though." I stood up and grabbed the lemonade. "I'm going to take a walk. Thanks for the drink."

"Okay. Be home for dinner."

"I will." I grabbed my keys and left the lemonade in the kitchen. I walked down to the thick forested park near our house. I sat against a tree and took out my phone. I opened Michael's email. There was no subject and all it said was "Watch this then call me." There was a video attachment. I opened it and it was called "Wherever You Are - 5 Seconds of Summer". This must be the new song. It was the one Ashton wrote. The one for me. I was hesitant to play it but did so anyway. The music started and it was all black and white. My favourite effect. The song started out and it was saying that he will love this girl, no matter where he is and he will never give up on her. Also how he will help her no matter what is troubling them. I cried. I hadn't cried in a week but this made me cry. Not a couple tears but sobbing and wailing because I realised that it was my fault. I need to fix this. Ashton loves me and I love him. Nothing will change that. Where was he? Isn't the tour starting soon? I quickly shut the video off and then called Michael. I was still crying but I tried my best not to make noise.

"Hello," he picked up.

"Michael."

"Payson! Payson, I'm so sorry. I really am. We need to fix this."

"Yeah," I sobbed again.

"Where are you? We'll come and get you."

"No. No. I'm going to go back home and you meet me there, okay? I need to change and stuff. I - I'm sorry for lying to you. I - I just really love him."

"We'll be there soon. Okay? Hold on."

"Okay. Okay. Just hurry," I laughed and hung up the phone. I started walking but then I just wanted to run and so I did. I ran all the way back home, the wind drying my tears. I rushed inside and ran to my room. I threw on my black skirt, my black knee socks, and a white jumper with a donut heart on it. I grabbed my platform trainers and let my hair down. I wiped my face and started to put on mascara when my mom came it.

"What is going on? What are you doing?"

"The boys are coming," I told her and I could feel the tears coming but I choked it down and put my chapstick on. The doorbell rang.

"Can you get that, mom," I asked, going to straighten up my room. I threw my laptop under my bed and straightened the covers. I threw my phone on my bed and ran out to give Michael a hug, jumping and enwrapping him.