12: Pixar Tent Cuddles

Well, I didn't get the number of followers I wanted, but here is chapter 12 fresh off the press. Enjoy!

_________________________________________________________________________

"So, what do you guys normally do here without us," Luke asks from the couch while Ashton and I try to make ourselves breakfast.

"We don't actually have a normal schedule, but today we were going to watch films because I'm kind of tired," I explain, pouring some cream into my tea.
"OK. Resting sounds good to me."
"I actually had a surprise planned for you," Ashton mentions to me.
"Really," I smile up at him, gleefully.
"Absolutely, but I am going to need you to stay in your room for a while. And I also need Luke's help. Are you in, mate?"
"Sure. Anything for Payson," Luke smiles over and I laugh, having Ashton take my food and cup up to my room.
"Now you stay in here and I'll call you out when we're ready? OK, love," Ashton smiles, leaning on the half opened door.
"Got it." Ashton leaves the room to work with Luke on the surprise downstairs and I just sit at my desk. I pull out my phone and text Christian.

To "A Ghost":
Hey, are you online? I have a bit of time to talk.

As I wait, I munch on my toast and soon it buzzes for a text message.

From "A Ghost":
Sure. Just give me a minute, X :*

I open my laptop and log into my Skype. After a few minutes, Christian's icon turns to "online" and I click the video call button.

"Hello," he smiles and comes onto the screen.
"Hey, I just have a few minutes, but I thought I would just say hello."
"Well, hello," he laughs. "You certainly are a busy girl. Aren't you?"
"Well, I am now I guess. Ashton and Luke are setting up a surprise for me downstairs so I am locked in my room."
"Well, at least you aren't alone."
"That's true. What have you been up to?"
"Well I am making this really cool video that's going to need a lot of editing, so that should be fun."
"Great; I will probably need something to practice on later."
"What do you mean?"
"Well, I signed up for this video editing class just to kind of have something to do while the boys are working and I will be needing a lot of random footage."
"That’s great. I can send you some stuff, but also try Jason because he always is recording, so he'll have plenty."
"Thanks, I'll ask him. How's your mum?"
"I love it when you talk like that. Mum... Yeah, she's good. She went away on another business trip so that's what I am using the time to do: recording a new video. I have the script finished and everything."
"Wow. That's great. How--" I am interrupted by Luke at the doorway. "Oh! Luke, I wasn't expecting you."
"Yeah. Ashton sent me. Who are you talking to?"
"Um, Luke, this is Christian. Christian, this is the front man, Luke." They say hello to each other and Christian smiles.
"It's so cool you live with famous guys."
"Well, I am dating someone famous too," I laugh.
"What? You’re dating--" Luke stutters, flabbergasted.
"Christian," I finish his sentence, a bit panicked at who he was thinking of.
"Oh, of course. Christian. OK, well Ash sent me up to tell you that the surprise is ready."
"Oh awesome. OK, I got to go Christian. I'll talk to you later," I wave and Christian blows me a kiss in which I ignore before logging off.
"You're dating him?"
"Yeah. Don't tell Michael. I haven't really told him yet."
"Alright, but you'll have to tell Ashton at least."
"Ashton already knows. He met him."
"Really? Huh," Luke trails off and we make our way downstairs.
"Surprise," Ashton yells, jumping out from around the corner.
"Wow," I say, shocked. There is a giant fort set up around the TV and over the couch. It is very intricate and he lifts a sheet to reveal the inside. I climb inside, Luke helping me, and I situate myself. Ashton plops down next to me and Luke sits on the other side of me. The "Despicable Me" menu is displayed on the television and there are a few bags of popcorn beside Luke's feet. Ashton throws a blanket over me and presses play. I lean myself against Luke's side and enjoys the film.
"Do you like it," Ashton whispers to me and I lean myself against him.
"Yes. Thank you," I smile and he takes my hand in his, intertwining our fingers. The rest of the film plays out and I end up closing my eyes through the second half of the next film, Finding Nemo. By the time the Michael and Calum come home, we finished Finding Nemo and got halfway through The Lion King, my favorite Disney film.

“So, looks like you three had fun,” Michael says to me, looking at the blanket fort in the living room.

“Yeah, we had a film marathon which I intend to continue because we are in the middle of one of my favourites,” I smile to him.

“Lion King is your favourite?”

“Yeah, also including Grease, Avatar, and Kiki’s Delivery Service,” I tell him.

“What’s ‘Kiki’s Delivery Service’,” Michael asks me.

“It’s a Studio Ghibili film,” I explain.

“What’s that?”

“It’s a Japanese film company. My co-workers introduced me to it.”

“You have co-workers? When did you get a job? Why am I missing out on my little cousin’s life?”

“One, I’m not you’re little cousin. I’m almost a year older than you. And two, yes, I sort of have an internship.”

“Ok, that’s it. Tomorrow I’m staying with you for some family time.”

“Sounds perfect,” I smile and walk to the table with the rest of the boys who are eating lunch.