22: Disneyland Part 1

I was being shaken awake and I flittered my eyes open to see Ashton above me with glittery eyes and a huge grin. Why the heck was he acting like that?

"We're here," he almost shouted with excitement. That's why. I sat up and saw a parking lot near a tan coloured hotel. I kept looking around and saw no sign of Disneyland but I could feel it near.

"We're at the back entrance to the hotel. I didn't want to carry our luggage all the way through Downtown Disney," Michael explained and then helped me out. We all grabbed our bags and went into the hotel's lobby. Luke and Calum went up to the desk and got our room keys. We were on the third floor to the right, the lady told us. We made our way to the two rooms. Michael and Ashton were staying in one room together and Michael told me to go with Luke and Calum since they can sleep in the same bed and plus he doesn't trust Ashton right now. I set my stuff down and said good bye to the boys as they headed off. I changed into jeans instead of my sweats, put on a presentable t-shirt, and then applied a light amount of make up before I headed out to do some shopping. I went down the footpath and made it to Downtown Disney. Everything was so big and colourful and smelled of caramel corn. I walked into the biggest shop there and looked around. Everything was themed to Disney characters and there was Disney music and figurines and cups and mugs and clocks and crystals and lanyards and pins. It felt like a Disney wonderland (which ironically is Disney as well). I searched for a few hours around all the shops and eventually came out with a Lion King cup, a Belle (which is my favourite princess) jumper, an Ariel t-shirt, a Jack Skellington lanyard, and a small, over the shoulder Disneyland themed bag. I went back to the hotel room with all my bags and laid on the bed to rest for a second. Then, I changed into my jumper and decided to curl my hair. I got out my bag and stuffed it with the essentials: Chapstick, phone, wallet, hotel room key, and sunnies. I threw in a pack of gum and a banana I bought when I went to get a bottled water earlier just in case. Luke and Calum came into the room laughing and Calum immediately went to change.

"Someone went shopping," Luke laughed and threw himself on his bed.

"Yeah, you like," I asked showing him the jumper and bag.

"Absolutely," he smiled and closed his eyes. "All you need now is Mickey ears."

"Aw, yeah. I forgot those. I'll get them in the park," I snapped my fingers and softly laughed. At least I had some goal this weekend. Calum came out and then Luke went to change.

"Look at you with all your Disney gear," he laughed and sat on the bed.

"Yeah, so what's your favourite Disney film, Cal," I asked, a bit curious.

"Um, probably Aladdin," he said, thinking about it and then Luke came out.

"Sorry, mate, The Incredibles were way better."

"That's not a Disney film," Calum told him off.

"Its Disney-Pixar," Luke explained and we walked out the door where Michael and Ashton were waiting for us.

"What's Disney-Pixar," Michael asked.

"The Incredibles," Luke said.

"I like Hercules," Ashton said, grinning.

"Treasure Planet is the best," Michael argued.

"What's your favourite, Pay," Ashton asked and then quickly added, "son."

"My favourite film is Lion King 2, but Belle is my favourite princess," I explained, very maturely even though we were talking about little kids films. We finally made it to the California Adventure gates and there was giant letters spelling out 'CALIFORNIA' in front of them.