19: Tipsy Turvy

So, with chapter, as I told my friend, made me feel like I am going to destroy the whole world so enjoy! ;-))

------------------------------------------------------

Ashton’s PoV:

Payson is still asleep on my lap, but every time Christian belly laughed during the movie (which was a lot) Pay would wake up. I rubbed her back and it put her back to sleep. I think with the lack of sleep from last night and the wine, she actually grew tired enough to sleep. I’m glad she is sleeping now because I highly doubt she will sleep later tonight just from nervousness. The movie soon ends and I sadly have to wake Pay up.

“Sorry, Christian. I was really tired,” she tells him, sitting up.

“No. I get it. It’s fine,” he shrugged.

“So, I think I better get going,” I blurted out, looking down at my dead phone.

“Well, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow, missy,” Christian tapped Pay’s nose and gave her a big hug. “Bye, Pay.”

“What? And don’t call me that,” she questioned and I was quite confused too. One, if she doesn’t like people calling her that, then how come I can call her that? And two, he doesn’t want his girlfriend to stay over. His parents are on a business trip and you’re sending her away with another guy to a hotel?

“I’m sorry. I don’t have another bed and plus I have some work to catch up on. Sorry,” he frowns.

I tug on Pay’s arm slightly and then say, “You have to call Michael anyway. Come on. I got us a hotel.” She turns around and wobbles a bit before walking straight towards the door. Christian follows her and tells her good bye privately. Meanwhile, I go to his freezer and shove the two buckets of ice cream in a bag before grabbing our backpacks and walking to the door. I catch him giving her a kiss on the cheek and Payson has a look of shock and fear rather than love. He opens the door and we both walk out, saying goodnight one last time. I help her down the stairs and out the door.

Just as the final door shuts and we make it to the sidewalk, I blurt out, “Did you enjoy the night?” I hear no response so I look over and Pay is silently crying. I rush and put my arm around her shoulder and look her in the eye. “Hey, hey, hey. Don’t cry, baby. It’s okay. It’s not your fault. Hey, calm down,” I comfort her, wiping the tears off her cheeks with my thumbs. I hate seeing her like this. Mostly, I just can’t stand that her boyfriend did it. I have a sudden urge to go back and punch him in the face. I control myself and give her a hug. “Why don’t we go the hotel and eat some ice cream and talk about it, okay? It’s only down the block,” I say into her intoxicatingly sweet smelling hair and give her a squeeze. Her knees loosen and she loses her balance in my arms. I could tell she can’t make it by herself, so I pick her up bridal style, sliding the bag further down my arm and slinging both our backpacks further on my back. She leans into my chest and one last tear slips down her face before her deep breathing matches mine. It starts to rain softly as we continue down the street. I do my best to walk as fast as I can. Thankfully, she doesn’t wake up. I make it to the hotel and set her down on one of the seats with our bags and go to the front desk to pick up my room key. I put it between my teeth and pick up the bags again and then pick up Pay next. I take the elevator and find room 1203. I wake Payson up as carefully as possible and smile as she rubs her eyes. I set her down and open the room. She lies down on the bed and I set our stuff down.

“Why is my hair wet?” she mumbles into the duvet.

“It started raining,” tell her and she moans in response. “Hey,” I sit next to her on the bed and rub her back. “Why don’t you take a shower, drink some coffee, and then we can call Michael.”