28: I'm Ready

Swish. Bang. The door to the van slammed shut after we all piled into the van. We were on our way home and the boys had to be back for studio so we left around nine to go back home. We drove back and then they left almost right after we got home, so I was left alone. I wasn't sad; I had to get ready for tonight anyway. Ash told me he would take us somewhere fancy but we had to wear comfortable shoes. I didn't have anything except the one dress so I decided to use the money my parents gave me to buy a dress. I went to the shops in downtown and eventually found a good one that went with my powder pink flats. I finally picked out a pink tulle baby doll dress with gold sequins and a bow at the waist. Then I bought white tights to go with it. I was satisfied and went home just before the boys.

"What's in the bag, Payson," Michael asked me as he came in.

"You didn't tell him, Ash," I asked.

"Um, not yet. I was going to right now," he shied away from me.

"What's going on," Michael asked, sternly.

"Well you know how on Wednesday, I was nervous to go on my date with that girl," he explained and Luke gave him a glare. "Well, I kinda am nervous again, so I thought Luke could come with me again. And Payson too."

"Again? Shouldn't you be fine now on the second date?"

"No. It's a different girl," he told Mike.

"Hm, well I guess it's alright. Payson already got a dress, I see." Michael shrugged and I gave him a hug. "Just don't let anything bad happen to her like last time," he warned Luke. "I don't want the door to hit her again."

"It won't. I promise," Luke said, nervously.

"I would have even worse if Ashton hadn't held the door before the second swing," I blurted out.

"Well, I think Ash was a better gentleman then Luke, huh," he asked and patted Ashton's shoulder before going upstairs.

"Okay. It's at six, so get ready," Ash winked at me and I went up to my room to shower. I got dressed, did my hair, and grabbed my stuff and then went downstairs. Ashton and Luke were waiting for me in their slacks and button-downs. Mikey gave me a kiss on the cheek and I went off with the two boys. We picked up Daisy once again and this time she was in loose waist dress that softened from white to blue as it went down and had a floral lace on the back. She was clinging to Luke as if this was the last time she was going to see him and they both got back in the car. We drove to the middle of downtown LA and went to this semi-formal restaurant. We split up again and to separate tables. The restaurant was wannabe hip but just ended up looking like a bigger, metallic and purple Maccas. We order some food that definetly sounded better than it looked but wasn't too bad. After, Ashton told Luke to meet us at the car in an hour. We payed and walked outside. The sun was already down and it wasn't too cold yet. We started to walk down the footpath hand in hand and watch the cars pass by.

"Your ride, m'lady," he offered, stopping suddenly and offering two bikes on just leaning against a fence.

"Are you sure we can ride these," I asked.

"Well, if I paid for them, I hope we get to ride them," he laughed and helped me on one.

"You rented us bikes," I asked him, smiling as he got on his. We took off down the street slowly, making the most out of the starry night. He then found this amazing art piece in the middle of the city so we stopped to look at it. It was a presentation of rows and rows of the old fashion street lamps. They were all on and was illuminating the night in a fluorescent blue. He gave me his phone and then leaned up against one, asking me to take a picture. I snapped the shot and then he came back to post it on Twitter. We took the ride back to Daisy's house after the hour of bike riding around LA. After Luke walked her to the door, there was quite a kissing scene before he straightened back up and came back in the car.