21: Pool Games

Ashton's PoV:

"How about a dip in the pool to celebrate," Michael asked Payson, wrapping his arm around her. I love what just happened. Throughout the whole movie, the only thing I could think about is how Pay finally moved on from Chris and how amazing that fight was. I just couldn't stop smiling from ear to ear I was just so happy. I can't even begin to imagine what it will feel like when Payson Clifford is finally mine. I understand why she want's to keep it a secret for now with her crazy protective cousin and I really don't mind her being my dirty little secret. It actually sounds fun. I smirk to myself and then focus back in on what is being said. Michael wants to celebrate in the pool; with togs and everything. I jumped at the chance to see Payson in a little red bikini.

"I vote for yes." I immediately said and then felt like it was really obvious so I added, "We haven't hit the water since Payson first got here. Ketchup needs some exercise."

Luke was looking at me suspiciously and Payson had her eyes narrowed at me. They were both on to my intentions, but I couldn't help it. I thought of the last time I saw Payson in that towel and now in just her togs. Maybe this was a bad idea. Before I could find out what was going on, everyone went upstairs to change. I quickly switched into my trunks and rushed downstairs. I was the first one down so I laid out on the lounge chair, soaking in some of the sun's final rays. I closed my eyes and imagined Payson in that little red bikini coming out and maybe later even snogging in the water, but I knew that was impossible because, one, her protective cousin is here and the other boys and, two, this was Payson we were talking about: stubborn, annoying, beautiful Payson. I shook all the thoughts out of my head just when the rest of the boys piled down with Payson following. She didn't have a skimpy bikini on, but instead a two-piece where the top came down just to her bellybutton. I stared for a second and then sat up. She had her sunnies on and then pulled out her sun cream, lathering it on her nose and shoulders. It was getting dark soon so she didn't have to put much on, but following in Michael's footsteps, you should take extra precautions. She handed Michael the tube and he sloshed it on his nose and shoulders as well. Must be a family trait, I thought to myself as I dangled my feet in the water. Calum had Ketchup under his legs and Luke was already in the pool with our orange tube. Calum ran and jumped in with a splash. Luke was the dip your feet in and test the water kind of guy, but Calum was the jump right in type. No wonder they were the best of friends. I decided to jump in as well, laughing as I did so. As I came up, I flipped my fringe back and shook it out. I laughed once more, hanging onto Luke while Payson decided whether or not to jump in. Michael was sitting at the steps. He never wanted to get his hair wet, but always did when we got wrapped up in the fun. Payson walked to the edge and dipped her toe in. I really hoped she wasn't one of those girls who wouldn't go in just because it was out of her temperature range. She shivered it its touch and then backed away. Oh, no, I though. Then she started running and jumped right in, her blue hair blending right in with the water. She came up and was laughing already. She went to the edge and caught her breath. We played around a lot, throwing balls and jumping in over and over again. Even creating a little contest out of it. Payson was really competitive and ended up winning with style. That game was to jump in as creative as possible and then the person with the loudest applause or the coolest trick won. Calum won the first round with his crazy backflip. Then Payson won the second with a cartwheel and cannon ball. Then Calum and Payson were head to head in the last round. They both were about to pull out all the stops. Calum went first with a whopping double front flip that was awesome, but as Payson started her's, we all knew she was going to win. She played the best card she has: the girl card. She started down the concrete towards the pool as if it was her catwalk. She looked so perfect as the sunset reflected off her wet skin. I just wanted to take her right there, right now but I knew I couldn't. She stood at the edge giving a little pose and when we all though she was done, she did a perfect dive into the pool with a lot of splash. She was like a sexy model-diver. We were all silent for a second but then started into a roar of applause. I even wolf-whistled a bit. That was the best dive I've ever seen. I laughed but then stopped when I saw Michael being over protective again. He did not look happy that she did that, but I was. Pay swam over to Michael and shoved his arm playfully.