5: Hoo roo!

Payson's PoV:

My eyes flitter open and I try to get up, but I am stopped my Ashton's arm gripped around my waist. I lift my head up a bit and see Violet against the wall with Harry by her side. Her eyes are open and there is a tear rolling down her cheek. I shift and Ashton lets go of me. I get up and crawl over to Violet, not saying a word. The time on the wall says five o'clock, so that means Violet only slept for about four hours
"You alright, Vi," I ask, slowly and quietly.
"No. I don't want to go. I already missed the first few days. Now I won't only be the new kid, but I'll the new, truant kid."
"It's a boarding school. I don't think the kids will treat you any different. Actually, they might treat you better being the rebel that you are. Don't worry," I push Violets shoulder, making her laugh, and continue. "You can tell them all about your adventure to America and how you met 5 Seconds of Summer."
"I don't think that will get me friends. Maybe for a minute, but not a friend like you," Violet frowns.
"You're great at making friends. You are /so/ outgoing and funny and adventurous. You'll make plenty of friends. Just don't forget about me," I warn and we both laugh quietly.
"Thanks, Payson."
"Just have fun. It's a school nonetheless."
"That's true. You wanna help me pick out an outfit for the plane," Violet says, her mood lightening.
"OK. And then we can get mani-pedis before your flight. How does that sound? My treat!"
"Awesome! But you have you tell me about you and Ashton. 'Kay," she cheers and rushes upstairs before I could defend myself. I hear laughing and look up to see Ashton awake.
"What," I question, crossing my arms.
"Nothing. Just go get your mani-pedis and I'll cover you."
"Really?"
"Yeah. Now do you need help getting up," Ashton asks and helps me up the stairs after I nod my head with a smile. Violet and I change and head out before anyone wakes up. We find a nail salon that is open at six and head inside.
"What are you getting," Violet asks me as we look at all the different colours.
"I don't know. I was thinking red!"
"Oh. I get it," Violet laughs, and I look at her in confusion.
"Ashton's favourite colour is red," she says like everyone in the world knows it.
"So that's why he picked out the red balloons and streamers for the party. Makes sense now."
"It's been a week and you don't even know your own boyfriend's favourite colour?"
"He's not my boyfriend!"
"Sure..."
"What? Just because it looked like I was going to.. yah know.. in the closet doesn't mean he's my boyfriend! He's so annoying anyway!"
"Uh-huh," Violet smirks.
"He's not! And you know what? I'm going to get this green just because you said that!"
"Ok. Whatever. He'll never fall in love with you now," she sing-songs.
"I hope he doesn't," I mumble, giving Violet my nail polish, and hobble off in my crutches.

"We're home," I yell as Violet and I step through the door two hours later.
"Time to go. You're gunna be late," Michael says, headed straight for us.
"You told them," Violet asks me, dismayed.
"Actually Harry spilled. It's so sad you have to go," Calum adds, protruding his bottom lip out farther. Luke holds Violet's bags and Astons follows him, playing on his phone.
"You told Harry," Violet asks me, a bit hurt.
"Sorry. I kinda had to. Plus he is like you're boyfriend now so.."
"Whatever. Let's just hope he didn't tell anyone else."
"We really have to go," Luke pops his head back in. We head back out to the car and find Harry waiting patiently inside. We climb in and Violet places herself between me and Harry. Luke sits in the front with Ashton driving and Michael and Calum occupy the back.
"Where are the other boys," Violet asks.
"I told them to go home. I said I wanted to wait for you," Harry smirks.
"That's sweet," Violet laughs and everyone goes off into their own conversations on the way to the airport. We all make it there and Violet's mother is waiting at the drop off zone, tapping her foot, annoyed.
"Well, I guess this is goodbye," I frown and gives Violet a big hug.
"Don't worry. You'll see her at the end of the summer," Michael says nonchalantly, making the mood worse and causing the two girls to cry together. Violet's mother pulls me back and Ashton takes me into his arms. Harry gives her a big hug and she gives the rest of them hugs as well. Violet's mother takes her bags and leads her off, obviously ready to give Violet a big lecture. I keep crying into Ashton's chest and he wraps his arms around me while Michael rubs my back.
"Don't worry about it. You get to hang with us this summer and then see her when you get home," Michael explains, only making her cry more.
"What? We're not that bad," Ashton says, making me laugh. My laughing makes Ashton laugh and Ashton's laugh is just too contagious and everyone else starts busting up in a roar of laughter. Ashtons wraps his hand around my shoulders and helps me back into the car.