Prologue

It's been approximately four or five years since Calum Hood has died. Now, I know a lot of people die from day to day, but Calum Hood was special. I fell for him and I'd like to say he fell for me too. Everyday, I think about him, but everyday a little detail about him slips my mind. But it's weird... About every week he appears in a dream, out of nowhere. We were in a long distance relationship, and only got to see each other a couple times a year.

I would like to say that I've gotten past all of this tragedy and misery, but in reality, I haven't. Sure, I've dated a few guys here and there, but none of them were really special. The only one who was, I let go.

~Flashback~

1 new message

Cal: I love you, Y/N. Never forget that xx

I looked at the text and smiled.

"I love you too, Cal," I said to myself, smiling at the ceiling as I was laying on my bed, falling asleep a while later.

~~~

"Y/N, get up. We have to tell you something. It's very important," I heard my mom say. I groaned and rolled out of bed. I walked to the family room to see Mom and Dad sitting on the couch.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Y/N, sit down, please," Dad said. I slowly sat down, confused.

"We got a call this morning. Calum... has passed," Mom said.

"What do you mean, he passed?" I asked, still a little confused as to what they were saying.

"Y/N, he committed suicide. Threw himself down the river in the middle of the night," Dad said.

I sat in disbelief, frozen.

"H-he... D-did th-that?" I asked, hoping they were joking, a few tears rolled down my cheeks. My parents both nodded. I ran to my room, tears rolling down my cheeks uncontrollably, and slammed the door shut. I started to break down.

How did I let this happen? Why didn't I text him back? Why didn't I take what he was saying seriously? He always said he got bullied while he was in school, and his parents were verbally and physically abusive. Why didn't I do anything? I should've dropped everything and flown halfway around the world to be with him, but it was too late now. I couldn't revive him back to life.

My thoughts continued to wander and started asking questions I would never get to know the answer to. I laid on my carpeted floor, staring at the ceiling, tears streaming down my face. I heard a knock at the door, but I didn't get up or say anything.

"Funeral's on Saturday. We booked you and mom a ticket so you could go see him for one last time," Dad said from outside the door. More tears starting falling from my eyes as I continued sobbing.

"One last time," I thought. I couldn't believe it.

~Funeral~

I took a look at the closed casket. Knowing Calum was lying in it, lifeless. I still couldn't believe it.

He was gone.