Chapter 18- Is Anyone There At All?

"Don't leave," he said as he faded away into thin air. The sunlight peering through the shattered windows. Broken glass was on the floor, everywhere.

I looked around, not seeing anyone.

I stepped forward. The glass didn't cut my skin, so I explored the abandoned building, that I'm guessing was once a house.

"It's okay, you're safe here," I heard an angel-like voice say. I turned a corner, and froze, seeing a figure standing in front of me. He was wearing all black and had a bandana covering his mouth, his hood on, leaving only his dark eyes exposed. He was holding a knife.

"Shit," I muttered. I tried to run, but I couldn't move. Something was restricting me, and I didn't know what it was.

The man took a step closer to me, making my heart rate speed up about a thousand times more.

"What do you want?" I asked. My throat hurt, and I couldn't speak that loud.

They didn't say anything, but then Michael ran up and pushed him over.

"What the fuck?" he yelled at the man.

The man laid lifeless.

"That's what I thought," Michael muttered. He got up and smiled at me.

"You ready to go?" he asked, taking my hand and started to walk outside the house.

"Where?"

He didn't answer me, but he continued to lead me outside, down the sidewalk, and to a city street filled with people.

The sidewalks filled with more and more people the longer we walked.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it."