Chapter 7- Iced Coffee and Ice Cream

The next day, he came again. It was cloudy and looked like it was going to rain. No one was working except for me, and no one was in the shop either.

"An iced coffee with soy for Alec Smith?" I asked him with a slight smile.

He laughed and nodded his head, handing me the $2.75.

"So you looked him up?" he asked as I made his drink.

"Yeah, I see the resemblance," I said.

"Yeah," his voice drifted off a bit, "you like All Time Low?" he asked, looking at my bracelets.

"Yeah, they're my favorite. Do you?" I asked, handing him his drink.

He nodded his head, "they're pretty great," he said with a smile.

"This might sound a little creepy, but do you want to hang out sometime when you're not working?" he asked as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Yeah, sure. I get off in thirty minutes if you wanted to hang out here," I said.

"Yeah," he said with a smile.

~~~

"You moved from Australia, that's so cool," he said, taking another bite of his ice cream.

"Yeah, I just moved here for school," I said.

"Ahh, I see. How long ago?" he asked.

"About a year ago when I turned 18," I said.

He nodded his head.

"What about you? Have you always lived in America?" I asked.

"I used live in Canada with my family, but then I moved here about... five years ago," he said.

"Canada... that sounds nice," I said, taking a bite of my ice cream.

"Ehh- they have the stereotype of being 'nice' or whatever, but sometimes that isn't true," he said, looking away. I can tell he doesn't really want to talk about it.

~~~

"Well, I'll see you around then?" I asked him as we stopped outside my apartment.

He looked behind me at the tall building covered in bricks, "yeah. See you around, Y/N," he said with a smile.

I walked inside the building and up to my room. I went to my bedroom and looked outside. He was still there, looking at the building, and then he left.